Bursting with crunchy sweet corns in every savory bite, these mini sweet corn fritters are comfort food at its best!
Exactly a week ago, we had an unbelievably bad storm here in western ND. With golf ball and baseball sized hails! Sadly, the small town nearby got hit the worst. Windows were broken, cars got dented, and windshields were shattered. A lot of farmers lost their crop too. Devastating and heart-breaking!
Our ranch was hit pretty badly as well. The beautiful garden, my husband and MIL tended so carefully all summer long, was flattened in just one night. No more eggplants, no more peppers, no more squashes, no more jalapenos, and no more pumpkins… So sad!
On a bright side though, we still got pretty good crop of sweet corns. As I was helping my mother-in-law with canning corns last week, I saved some corn kernels to cook my favorite sweet corn fritters.
I have to admit, corn on the cob is pretty darn good. But it gets a little old after a few days. That’s when I make my favorite sweet corn fritters.
They’re so comforting, delicious and full of flavor. Every savory bite bursts with crunchy sweet corn. When you serve these fritters right away, you’ll appreciate its light and crispy texture. At room temperature, they loose the crispiness, but they are still delicious and addictive. Every time I passed through the kitchen, I couldn’t help but grab another one.
The recipe can’t get easier than this. Pictures worth thousand words, so here you go.
To get perfectly uniform fritters, I use my trusty old tool, medium cookie scoop.
While farmers markets loaded with fresh corns, stock up and make these easy and delicious corn fritters.
What is your favorite corn recipe? Let me know in the comments.
Mini Sweet Corn Fritters
- 1 ½ cups of sweet corn kernels about 2 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except for the egg until everything is well combined. Add the egg and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Using 1.5-in ice cream scoop, spoon the corn mixture into the hot frying pan, flatten it a bit. Cook until the fritters slightly firm and golden brown, for about 2 minutes. Using a metal spatula, flip the fritters and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the fritters on baking sheet lined with paper towel. Serve immediately.