Egg Yolk Cookies
Egg Yolk Cookies
These rich, slightly cakey egg yolk cookies are just as tasty as any chocolate chip cookies.
Yield: About 39 cookies
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (113gr) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 gr) sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (310 gr) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup (60gr) walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts, optional
- ¼ cup (60gr) chocolate chips,optional
- Preheat oven 350°F (177°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, or using an electric hand-held mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg yolk mixture and continue mixing until well combined, scraping down the sides couple times. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Mix just until well combined. Add nuts and chocolate chips, if desired.
- Form into 1.5-inch balls and place them on baking sheets with plenty of space to spread. Flatten the dough slightly before baking. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are set.
Slightly adapted from Food.com.All images and text ©Shinee D. for Sweet & Savory
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: