Best Banana Bread
Why make one when you can easily make two? This ridiculously easy, one-bowl basic banana bread recipe is the only recipe you’ll ever need!
Read on for my secret to the moistest and flavorful banana bread.
First of, a quick disclaimer. I try to stay away from claiming any of my recipes the best of the best. Honestly, there can be many variations of THE BEST of anything, right?
Well anyway, this basic banana bread recipe is the best though! Moist and tender, flavorful and nutty! It’s been our family favorite for quite a while now.
So what makes this basic banana bread recipe so special?
Because defrosted bananas get super mushy and liquidy, and all that flavorful liquid is gold! It makes the bread moist and flavorful.
So, here’s how I deal with frozen bananas.
Ideally, you want to peel and freeze your bananas, when they get dark spots all over. And when you get the craving, they’re ready to go. However, that never happens around here. It seems like those bananas ripen at most inconveniently busy times (read: lazy times) that I simply throw them into the freezer, peels and all! So whenever I’m in banana bread mood, I take those frozen bananas out and hold it under hot tap water to soften a bit, and then peel them and put them in a microwave safe bowl and zip it in a microwave until they’re completely defrosted and practically liquid. Sounds like a lot of work? Nah, it’s not really that bad, and for that amazing banana bread, you won’t even mind it!
Get your bowl and wooden spoon out! Let’s get baking!
Also, this’s just a basic banana bread recipe, which means you get to customize it to your own liking. Chocolate chips or chopped chocolates, dried fruits, different nuts, whatever your heart desires! As you can imagine, I often add chocolate in mine.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading.
Best Banana Bread
Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:60 min
Total Time:70 min
- 8 frozen bananas, defrosted
- 1 ½ cups (300gr) sugar
- ½ cup (115gr) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups (375gr) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1- 1 ½ cups (120-180gr) chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Prepare two 9x5-inch bread pan and spray with non-sticl spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the defrosted bananas with fork or potato masher.
- Add sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract, and mix everything until combined.
- Stir in eggs.
- Then add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add pecans and/or other add-ins, like chocolate chips, dried fruits.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Keep the banana bread in the bread pan, covered tightly, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
This post was originally published on February 13th, 2013.
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: