Put that leftover sausage stuffing to a good use and make this delicious breakfast casserole. You only need 4 ingredients and it feeds a crowd!
Remember I told I made this Instant Pot sausage stuffing recipe like 5 times in one month? No, no exaggeration here!
Well, guess what I’ve been making with all the leftovers? Yes, this fabulous breakfast casserole!
I’ll admit, part of the reason I wanted to obsessively test that stuffing recipe is that I wanted to make more of this deliciousness! And this’s exactly why Garrat never complained of too much stuffing. We both loved this so much that we’d eat it a few days in row.
Because stuffing already has ton of flavor, you don’t really need to add much to it. We’ll simply whisk eggs with milk (or even chicken broth) and cheese, pour it over the stuffing and bake!
How to Make Breakfast Casserole:
It’s ridiculously easy to make this casserole. It takes less than 5 minutes!
- Spread the leftover stuffing in an oiled baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs and milk (or broth) with half of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the stuffing.
- Baked, uncovered, until eggs are cooked through.
Make Ahead Instructions:
You have 2 options to prepare this leftover stuffing breakfast casserole in advance:
- You can bake it right away the night before, and just reheat it in the morning. (That’s what we did most of the time, because we don’t have ton of time to sit around waiting for the casserole to bake.)
- Or you can cover the unbaked casserole, refrigerate it and bake it in the morning.
Did I say it feeds a crowd? This is a great breakfast/brunch dish if you’re having an overnight company this holiday season!
It’s a perfect breakfast during busy holiday season.
By the way, you can also make a smaller batch in an Instant Pot. Here’s my Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole version.
Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Casserole
- 4-5 cups leftover stuffing Note 1
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) milk Note 2
- ½ cup grated cheese any kind, I use sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 8×11.5 (or 9×13) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread leftover stuffing in the baking pan in an even layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and half of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the stuffing and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked.