Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
This frozen watermelon daiquiri is simple, delicious and beyond refreshing! With only 4 ingredients, you can enjoy this frozen cocktail to combat the heat all summer long.
Table of Contents
What is daiquiri?
Classic daiquiri is a rum cocktail mixed with lime juice and sugar originated in Cuba. In 1920s, the original daiquiri was mixed with shaved ice, thus the frozen daiquiri was born!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
Nothing is more refreshing than a chilled watermelon on a hot day. Take it a step further… Freeze watermelon chunks to create the most refreshing and fun drink to serve at your next dinner party on the patio.
With a beautiful balance of sweet and sour, this summer cocktail will please everyone’s palate.
- Watermelon – Pick a perfect watermelon like a pro. And be sure to choose seedless watermelon!
- Lime juice – As always, I highly recommend juicing fresh limes, because nothing beats freshly squeezed lime juice!!! I promise, you’ll taste the difference!
- Simple syrup – It’s so easy to make simple syrup. It can be made in advance and refrigerated for weeks! Adjust the amount of simple syrup to your taste.
- Rum – You’ll need light rum to make this daiquiri, and I recommend a premium rum for the best taste. You may omit the rum to make a virgin daiquiri!
How to make this frozen drink:
- Cut a watermelon into cubes and arrange the chunks on a baking sheet in one layer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Juice 2-3 limes.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
You can freeze watermelon chunks days in advance. Simply transfer the frozen watermelon chunks into a freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.
Frozen daiquiri is typically made of light rum, lime juice, sugar and shave ice, or frozen fruits.
Daiquiri is made with rum, specifically White Cuban rum or light rum. Avoid gold rum or dark rum!
Margarita is made with tequila, whereas daiquiri is made with rum.
More Summer Drinks:
Thirsty for more fun summer drinks? You won’t be disappointed with any or all of the following summer cocktails!
Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri
- 6 cups watermelon chunks frozen Note 1
- 6 tablespoons lime juice from 2-3 limes
- ¾ cup light rum Note 2
- 2-4 tablespoons simple syrup Note 3
- Place frozen watermelon chunks, lime juice, rum and 2 tablespoons of simple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more simple syrup, if needed.
- For virgin daiquiri, substitute 3/4 cup of water for rum.
Tips & Notes
– You may freeze leftover daiquiri in ice cube trays, so it’s easy to blend it again for serving later.
– You can also make popsicles with frozen daiquiri!
This recipe was originally published on July 25th, 2014.