Not your typical margarita here. It’s tropical and fruity, sweet and tangy pineapple margarita to sweeten up your weekend.
My summer vacation may be over, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a glass or two of this delicious margs to unwind for the weekend.
Pineapple and tequila are ultimate tropical flavors for me. And since I wanted to stay in my vacation mood for a little longer, I made this frozen pineapple margarita.
How you like your perfect margarita?
To me, the perfect margarita has right balance between sweet and sour, with just enough tequila to taste. And this fruity margarita has all of those qualities with an extra tropical kick.
By the way, I have a confession. I hoard fruits! My freezer is full of frozen fruits. I buy fresh fruits, slice them and dice them to freeze for later use. I guess it’s not really a bad thing, but sometimes I feel like I’m one of doomsday preppers. 🙂
Anyhow, I’m using my frozen pineapples here. If you don’t have frozen pineapples on demand like I do, you can either slice the pineapple and freeze them the night before you plan on making this, or just use fresh pineapples and add an extra cup of ice. Or buy some frozen pineapples.
Cheers! Happy weekend!
Frozen Pineapple Margarita
- 4 cups pineapples chunks frozen
- ½ cup fresh lime juice 2-3 limes
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ice
- Extra lime and coarse kosher salt for garnish
- Put first 6 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut the lime into thin rounds for garnish. To rim the glasses with salt, run a slice of lime around edges of the glass and then dip the edges in kosher salt. Fill the glass with frozen margarita and enjoy!