Beer Cheese Dip
This super easy beer cheese dip from scratch is full of flavor and comes together in less than 20 minutes. Every party should have this dip!
UPDATE: This’s Day 5 of 5 Days of Cheesy Dip Series. Are you enjoying all these cheesy recipes? I really hope so! If you missed the previous recipes, here’s Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4. Also, I made a quick video to show you just how easy it is to make this beer cheese dip.
P.S. Come back tomorrow for more cheesy dip inspiration!
I love beer. And I say, the darker, the better!
Here, I’m sharing my version of beer cheese dip, made completely from scratch. Besides the spices, you only need 3 main ingredients. As I usually recommend, it’s best to use high quality ingredients when there are very few ingredients in the recipe.
- Use original cream cheese. No low-fat, zero-fat, non-fat, low-calorie stuff here.
- Buy high quality sharp cheddar. Cheddar cheese adds one of the MAIN flavors in this dip. Don’t be tempted to use pre-grated, ready to use cheddar. Your dip will taste much better with freshly grated, high quality sharp cheddar.
- BEER. You can use whatever beer you like to drink. If you’re not a beer drinker, but still want to try this dip, I’d suggest a lighter beer. However, if you’re like me and not afraid of hoppy flavor, use any full-bodied beer that you like. I used Samuel Adams Boston Lager in this recipe. In my opinion, the smoked chilli powder and slight smoky hoppy beer paired exceptionally well, not in a overpowering, stand-out way, but just in a background. My husband, who is not a huge dark beer drinker, found the dip bitter with dark beer. But he loves it with light beer. Suit your taste.
You can serve this dip just as soon as all the ingredients are mixed. Or you can bake the dip in the oven and serve it warm. Either way, this dip is fantastic.
Hope you liked this recipe. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Beer Cheese Dip
Yield: about 1.5 cups
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked chilli powder
- 8oz (225gr) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (100gr) freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup beer of your choice
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In the mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese with the prepared seasonings until nice and fluffy.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Then slowly pour the beer and continue to mix until well combined.
- To serve warm, transfer the dip into a oven-safe dish and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until warmed through.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
This recipe was originally published on March 18th, 2015.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: