Need a tasty appetizer in less than 30 minutes to feed a crowd? I have a perfect answer for ya. This 3-ingredient bean dip is cheesy goodness with ton of flavor and comes together without much effort.
UPDATE: This’s Day 3 of 5 Days of Cheesy Dip Series. If you missed the previous recipes, here’s Day 1 and Day 2. Also, I made a quick video to show you just how easy it is to make this cheesy bean dip.
It’s football season! To me it’s all about FOOD!! Lots of dips, chicken wings and beer, and then half-time show. 🙂 Anyone else is in for anything but the game?
Anyway, this 3-ingredient cheesy bean dip is seriously delicious and super simple to make. Yes, just 3 (THREE!) ingredients and less than 30 minutes to create this cheesy, filling and incredibly delicious dip.
I wish I could say I came up with this genius recipe, but I didn’t! I found this in one of cookbooks I own, The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook, edited by fabulous suspense novel writer and former editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan, Kate White (I’m sure you know her!)
The secret ingredients are a can of refried beans (like Old El Paso), a jar of homemade (or store-bought) salsa and a mix of cheeses of your choice. I used a mix of sharp cheddar and mozzarella, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
As for salsa, make sure it’s not too runny. The thicker, the better. Or the dip will get too runny. Also, you can choose hot, medium or mild, whatever your heart desires. I love mine spicy!
And since there are so few ingredients, make sure you use high-quality, tasty products. All the flavors come from these 3 ingredients, and the final product will directly correlate with the quality of original ingredients.
Now, go ahead and add this to your next game day menu. 😉
3-Ingredient Bean Dip
- 1 16oz/450gr can refried beans
- 16 oz 450gr salsa
- 12 oz 350gr mix of cheeses, grated (I used mix of Monterey Jack, sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
- Handful of cilantro chopped, for topping, optional
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly spray 8×8-inch (20x20cm) baking pan with a cooking spray.
- Layer the beans and salsa in the prepared baking dish. Spread the cheeses evenly on top.
- Bake it for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve warm with tortilla chips.
This recipe was originally published on September 28th, 2015.
Hungry for more dip?
Try my Beer Cheese Dip
Or this Hot Cheese Dip.