Lusciously creamy and smooth, this hot cheese dip recipe is the easiest thing you’ll make for your game day party! Irresistibly cheesy and velvety smooth queso dip, just the way you like it.
UPDATE: This’s Day 1 of 5 Days of Cheesy Dip Series. Kicking off this awesome cheesy week with my favorite creamy cheese dip in the entire world! I also made a quick video for you to show just how easy it is to make this goodness! Did you catch that video above?
Come back EVERY day of this week for a new cheese dip recipe. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do!
There are only two reasons I love to go to our local Mexican restaurant.
1. Their delicious queso sauce!
2. Frozen margs.
That’s it! Two of my favorite things, besides macarons and chocolates, of course. If I didn’t have to worry about my waist line (and my health), I’d have those two things every day!
Inspired by my favorite queso sauce, I made this deliciously creamy, rich cheese dip with a spicy kick!
Oh boy, you have to have some great company to share this goodness. Resist the temptation to have it all by yourself, be nice and share the love. Your scale will thank you later.
Now, onto the fun part. How to make this stuff?
To be honest with you, I almost gave up on this whole cheese-dip idea. My first couple trials left me with nothing but a couple pounds of rubber of cheese. Literally, just weird rubber concoction, the complete opposite of what I’ve been striving for. I wanted lusciously CREAMY SMOOTH hot dip!
Well, after a little research on the web (thank you, Google!), I learned that most restaurants use white American cheese to make their cheese sauce.
I’ve been using wrong types of cheese! (Apparently no mozzarella, provolone, or extra sharp cheddar for creamy cheese dip! Please don’t make fun of me. That’s all I had in my fridge, ok?) And to the grocery store I went! On a mission to find some white American cheese. No such luck in our small local store. BUT I found some American cheese slices and cheddar & Monterey Jack.
Equipped with a few tips and tricks, I finally got exactly what I was striving for, ultra-creamy cheese dip of your dreams!
- Melt the cheese on low heat. Don’t be tempted to increase the heat to speed up the process. Trust me, it’s not worth.
- Stir in the cream and milk whisking continuously. Whisk is a must. It helps the cheese and milk mixture incorporate properly.
- Add a little more milk, if you think the dip is too thick for you.
You can prepare this dip a day in advance, and just microwave it for couple minutes before serving.
Hot Cheese Dip
- 8 oz 225gr American cheese slices
- 4 oz 115gr Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese (or just cheddar cheese), cubed or grated
- 2/3 cup 160ml milk (I used whole milk, but any will work)
- 1/3 cup 80ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped canned jalapenos
- 2-3 tablespoons canned jalapeno juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper
- In a medium saucepan, place the cheese and melt on low heat.
- Stir in milk and heavy cream, whisking continuously until smooth.
- Add chopped jalapenos, jalapeno juice, and seasonings.
- Serve hot with some good tortilla chips.
This recipe was first published on October 8th, 2014.
Leave a Review