Surprisingly moist and soft, this 3-ingredient chocolate cherry cake is a crowd-pleaser. You’d be amazed how easy it is to make it too!
Holy smokes, you guys, this indulgent cake is simply a magic!
Let me elaborate…
You’ll need 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time to make this cake. And in return, you’ll get super moist and surprisingly tall and soft chocolate cake studded with cherries. If that’s not magic, I don’t know what is.
I’m so glad I tried this recipe when I saw it in local FB group I’m part of, and I urge you to give it a try too!
Now, I know we’re cheating here big time with canned pie filling and cake mix. But it’s SO worth it!
I stocked my pantry with couple of cake mixes and canned cherry pies for “emergencies”. You know, when you have guests on short notice, or when you need a bite of chocolate cake like right now, or when you can’t decide between chocolate cake and cherry pie. Ok, don’t know about that last one, because this cake is nothing like a cherry pie. Aaanyway, moving on…
How to Serve this Chocolate Cherry Cake:
This chocolate cherry cake is delicious either warm or cold.
- You can enjoy it warm, topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate ganache – HEAVEN!
- Or you can smother it with chocolate fudge, whipped cream and maraschino cherries – my favorite!
- Or eat it plain dusted with powdered sugar, or not. Less calories, but we don’t really care about calories around here, right? 😉
Oh and since it’s a large cake, it’s perfect for potlucks, office treats, and church gatherings. And I’m telling ya, it’s quite a crowd-pleaser!
Love easy cakes? Try this Pineapple Cake too!
3-Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 1 box Devil’s cake mix
- 1 can (21oz) cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl with attachment, beat the eggs for a minute.
- Add chocolate cake mix and cherry pie filling, and continue to beat the mixture until smooth, starting on low speed.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack in the pan. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, and/or fudge sauce, if desired.
- Store in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days.