Insanely easy 5-ingredient pineapple cake under 45 minutes from start to finish! Big reward for very little effort, and feeds a crowd!
Ever since I had Grant, I’ve been all about quick and easy desserts. Yes, I do make those finicky macarons from time to time, but when it comes to dessert for a crowd, I opt for easy ones.
And since I’m so desperate for warm weather, I’m creating spring vibes in my kitchen right now. This delightfully fluffy and sweet pineapple sheet cake with pineapple cream cheese frosting is a definite cure for cabin fever! (Even for a homebody like me, this weather is getting too much! I just want to be able to go for a walk outside.)
Anyway, I think this beautifully simple pineapple cake would make a perfect Easter dessert!
Pineapple Cake Ingredients:
And did I mention you only need 5 ingredients?? Yep, we’re cheating again here with a cake mix. But no shame in my game, because it comes out perfect every time!!!
I’m specifically obsessed with Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe French Vanilla Premium Cake Mix. No, this isn’t sponsored, I just love this specific cake mix for this recipe! With a hint of vanilla, it’s a nice blank canvas to add pineapple flavor. And the cake turns out super fluffy and moist!
Oh and that heavenly frosting!!! Pineapple cream cheese frosting is what makes this cake from awesome to I-can’t-stop-eating-it-awesome. Insanely simple, yet sweet and tangy!
No oil or butter?
Yep, it’s no mistake. I’ve tested it both ways. One with no butter or oil, and another one with 1/3 cup of melted butter. I didn’t feel significant difference in flavor or texture, so I just omit it. Why add more calories if there’s no big improvement, right?
I know you’ll LOVE this cake, and I’d love to read your feedback if you give this a try!
5-Ingredient Pineapple Sheet Cake
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 8oz/240ml crushed pineapple with juices*
- 4 oz 115gr plain cream cheese
- ½ cup 120ml sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup drained crushed pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 9×13-inch baking pan with a cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, combine cake mix, eggs and crushed pineapple.
- Beat everything on low until combined. And then increase the speed to medium high, and beat for 2 minutes. The batter will be white and fluffy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy, about a minute.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and drained crushed pineapple. Beat until combined.
- Pour the frosting over the cake. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Leave a Review