Creamy sweet and loaded with fresh berries, this lemon raspberry no bake cheesecake is a must-try summer treat.
Why is it a must-try cheesecake?
This no-bake cheesecake is out of this world!! And here’s why… This cheesecake is:
- super creamy, delicate and not overly sweet!
- bursting with refreshing flavors of lemon and raspberry.
- and has incredibly crumbly and addicting lemon Oreo crust!
Seriously, this’s a perfect dessert for hot summer days, when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
Plus, it freezes well, and can be served straight from the freezer!
- Oreo cookies – If you can get lemon flavored Oreo cookies for an extra lemon kick!
- Butter – Don’t add all the butter at once. Depending on your cookies, you may not need all of it. Choose unsalted butter, if you can.
- Cream cheese – Buy a block of plain full fat cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Sweetened condensed milk – It’s my secret to ultra-creamy cheesecake filling, and adds just enough sweetness!
- Raspberry jelly – I prefer seedless raspberry jelly for nice and smooth filling. My homemade raspberry jelly works great!
- Lemon – You’ll need juice of 1 lemon and freshly grated zest for that amazing citrus burst. Don’t use bottled lemon juice!
For ultra-smooth texture, soften cream cheese at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
How to make this cheesecake:
STEP 1. Make crust
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies into fine powder.
- Add half of the melted butter and mix until well combined. If needed, add more butter to get wet sand texture.
- Transfer the cookie mixture into 9-inch springform pan and spread it evenly on the bottom and about 1-inch up the sides.
Squeeze a small amount of cookie mixture in your hand. If it holds its shape, then it’s ready.
You don’t want to dry or too oily cookie mixture.
STEP 2. MAKE FILLING
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and raspberry jam. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Decorate the top with fresh raspberries and lemon slices, if desired.
- Keep the leftover cheesecake, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- This cheesecake freezes well too. Freeze it in airtight container for up to 1 month.
No-Bake Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake
- 1 package Lemon Oreo cookies Note 1
- 4 tablespoons (56g) unsalted butter melted Note 2
- 16 oz (450g) cream cheese softened Note 3
- 1 can (400g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice Note 4
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jelly Note 5
- Red food coloring optional Note 6
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon slices
- Powdered sugar optional
To make the crust:
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies with fillings and all into fine crumbs.
- Add half of the melted butter and mix until well combined. If needed, add more butter to get wet sand texture. (TIP: Squeeze a small amount of cookie mixture in your hand. If it holds its shape, then it's ready. You don't want to dry or too oily cookie mixture.)
- Transfer the cookie mixture into 9-inch springform pan and spread it evenly on the bottom and about 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate.
To make the filling:
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, raspberry jam, lemon juice,lemon zest and food coloring, if using. Mix until smooth and well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl half way.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or overnight. You can also put it in the freezer.
- To serve, remove the sides of the pan and decorate the cheesecake with fresh raspberries and lemon slices, if desired.
Tips & Notes:
1 small drop of gel, or 1/8 teaspoon of liquid. Storing Tips:
Keep the leftover cheesecake, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to 5 days. This cheesecake freezes well too. Freeze it in airtight container for up to 1 month.
This recipe was originally published on July 27th, 2017.