Double Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Double chocolate peppermint fudge – one of the best seasonal treats ever! These festive fudge bites are rich and decadent, perfect edible gift to share with friends.
I’m so, so excited to share this festive double chocolate peppermint fudge recipe with you. This fudge is so rich, and chocolate-y, and delicious! I’m drooling as I type this…
These little bites have all things sweet: white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, marshmallows and candy canes! Man, I told you they’re indulgent, and make perfect edible gift. There is no way you can eat the whole batch by yourself.
What makes this fudge so special?
The recipe is pretty straightforward and foolproof. But one thing to keep in mind is that you need to hurry between the step 7 and 8, because you want to pour white chocolate layer over dark chocolate layer before it sets.
Oh and those crushed peppermint candy canes are just an icing on the
Quick question… Have you ever wondered if those sharp candies are actually edible with soft baked goods? I always wondered about that myself. They seem so sharp, you know? But let me tell you, they’re not only edible, they actually add nice texture to each bite, and not as razor sharp as they look!
Did I convince you to make this for your holiday treat tray? I really hope so, I know you’ll love it!
Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
This double chocolate peppermint fudge is loaded with all things sweet. Super rich and decadent, the festive fudge bites are meant for sharing.
Yield: About 32 pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, for pan
- 1-2 peppermint candy canes
- 2 cups (120gr) mini marshmallows
- 1 can (14oz/400gr) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6oz (170gr) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6oz (170gr) white chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line 8x8in (20x20cm) baking pan with foil and butter the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Place the peppermint candy canes in a ziplock bag and crush the candies with a rolling pin.
- In a double boiler, combine marshmallows, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Melt everything over simmering water, stirring frequently, until smooth, about 10 minutes.
- When the mixture is nice and smooth, pour half of the mixture into heat-proof bowl and add chopped white chocolate.
- Return the marshmallow mixture back on the double boiler, add chopped bittersweet chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the most of the dark chocolate mixture into the prepared pan, reserving a few tablespoonfuls.
- Now, quickly put the marshmallow mixture with white chocolate on the double boiler, add peppermint extract and stir until the white chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture over dark chocolate fudge.
- Then drop the reserved dark chocolate mixture on white chocolate mixture.
- And using a toothpick, swirl the mixture to create beautiful swirled effect.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy canes on top.
- Let the fudge cool and set for few hours, or overnight. Cut into small pieces and serve.
You can make this fudge in 9x13in pan too. They’ll just come out thinner.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
This recipe was originally published on December 5th, 2014.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: