Unbelievably easy to make, these chocolate covered microwave peanut brittles are irresistibly light with satisfying crunch. No candy thermometer, no fuss!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
The only reason I keep margarin in my fridge… THESE out-of this-world amazing peanut brittles!
And I’m totally ok with that.
Remember, I shared the easiest peanut brittle recipe earlier this year? The one that’s made in less than 10 minutes. In a microwave!
Well, that awesome peanut brittle is now dressed in luscious double chocolate coat!
Drooling yet? Because I can hardly control myself looking at these photos.
The original recipe from my mother-in-law’s friend, Leo, was fantastic! But with layer of chocolate, it’s DANGEROUS!
Knowing myself well, I sent these suckers off to the ranch as soon as I finished shooting them. The last thing I want is to consume an entire batch of peanut brittles, while trying to lose the last 5 pounds from the pregnancy! (Imagine, they’re still hanging around…Ugh)
Anyway, my father-in-law raved about the chocolate upgrade. He was already a fan of Leo’s original brittles as we all are. And mother-in-law requested 4 batches for church holiday bake sale. She loved the pretty swirl. And who wouldn’t, right?
Not including step-by-step photos this time, because you can find it right here.
I really hope you’ll make these brittles for your christmas treats. Let me know how it turns out, if you do!
Thanks for stopping by.
Chocolate Covered Microwave Peanut Brittles
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup 200gr sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarin*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- First check your microwaves power. The time directions in this recipe for microwaves with 1000Watts.
- Measure and prepare all the ingredients before moving forward.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl with a lid, combine peanuts, sugar, salt and corn syrup.
- Cover the bowl and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes**. (Leo’s tip: if you don’t cover the mixture, it’ll get burnt.)
- Take it out and give it a nice stir.
- Then cover and microwave for another 3.5 minutes.
- Take it out and stir in margarine and vanilla extract.
- Cover and microwave again for 2.5 minutes.
- Take it out and add baking soda.
- Quickly stir, as the mixture foams.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using 2 forks, spread it out into even layer.
- Sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips over the hot brittle and let it stand for a minute. Then using a spatula, spread it into even layer. If you want swirled look, sprinkle white chocolate chips and let it stand for a minute, or until softened. Then using a toothpick, swirl white chocolate chops into semi-sweet chocolate layer.
- Let it cool and harden, about 30-45 minutes. Store in a ziplock bag for up to a week.
Tips & Notes:
** The time directions are for 1000Watt microwave.
Leave a Review