Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Creamy and rich, these triple chocolate cheesecake bars are such an eye-candy and are bound to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Oh my god, you guys, I’m beyond excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s an ultimate treat for chocoholics, like you and me, who also happened to love cheesecake.
Ladies and gents, are you ready for these stunning triple chocolate cheesecake bars? Rich and creamy white and dark chocolate cheesecake mixtures swirled over deliciously contrasting chocolate Oreo crust. Do I need to say more?
From the look of it, it might seem a bit complicated, but rest assured it is super easy to make these cheesecake bars.
Chocolate Oreo cookies are our shortcut, basically an express ticket to perfectly crumbly, chocolate-y crust.
For the filling, we will use softened brick of cream cheese. I might sound like a broken record, but it’s essential for perfectly smooth cheesecake filling. Always let the cream cheese soften to room temperature before moving forward.
Now, for the beautiful swirled presentation, we will need to melt white and dark chocolates separately and mix them with cream cheese mixture in separate bowls. I melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water, and the white chocolate in the microwave. Quick tip for melting white chocolate: I get way better success when I finely chop the white chocolate before microwaving. The tiny chocolate curls heat more evenly and melts quicker.
During the testing, I found that making more of dark chocolate mixture creates the best-swirled presentation. When I had equal amount of dark and white cheesecake mixtures, the bars lacked the dramatic swirled look.
See? Isn’t that an easy-peasy dessert? They’re totally mind-blowing delicious! My sis-in-law said death-by-chocolate cheesecake bars. They are intense, rich, creamy with nice texture contrast from the crust! A must-try, for sure.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe. And wish me luck with the contest!
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- 9 oz 250gr chocolate Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons 70gr unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz 225gr cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup 65gr plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup 65gr sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 15gr all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz 115gr bitter- or semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 oz 115gr white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 8in (20cm) square baking pan with a foil, leaving 2 sides hanging over the edges.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies until fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press the crumb mixture in the bottom of prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, flour, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until just combined, about a minute.
- In separate bowls, melt the dark and white chocolates until smooth, using a double boiler or microwave, or both (*See the notes below).
- Pour about 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture into melted dark chocolate. And mix the remaining cream cheese mixture into melted white chocolate. Using a spatula, mix both mixtures until smooth.
- Spoon both mixtures in an alternating pattern into the cookie crust in the baking pan. Swirl the two mixtures with a toothpick, or skewer. Tap on the counter a few times to release the bubbles. Bake the cheesecake until it’s set on the edges and slightly wobbly in the center, for about 23-25 minutes. Cool the cheesecake to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 16 squares, before serving.