Super simple, yet elegant smoked salmon appetizer for any occasion! The ingredient list isn’t big, but these little bites are sure big on flavor!
With abundance of fresh cucumbers (thanks to Garrat’s greenhouse crop!), I recently got to enjoy one of my favorite appetizers. Ok, it was more of a snack situation really.
Smoked salmon cucumber bites… They’re beyond easy to make, and calls for only 4 ingredients. But let me tell ya, the flavors are on point! I don’t recommend leaving out any of the ingredients, because you kind of need all of 4 for well-rounded appetizer.
Salty feta cheese beautifully pairs with fresh cucumber, while dill complements smoked salmon. Crisp cucumber, and velvety smoked salmon, and crumbly feta! You get complementing textures and flavors in one perfect bite.
Hope this quick and simple appetizer makes it into your go-to smoked salmon recipe collection. If you give it a try, don’t forget to let me know. And as always, thanks for reading!
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
- 1 medium english cucumber
- 2 oz 55gr smoked salmon
- 2 oz 55gr feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Slice the cucumber into ½-inch rounds. Using a teaspoon cut out the center of cucumber slices to create a nest. Don’t make a hole though. Arrange the cucumber slices on a serving platter.
- Roughly chop the dill and combine it with feta cheese.
- Place about ½ tablespoon of dill feta cheese on each cucumber slice.
- Top with smoked salmon pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe was originally published on April 16th, 2014.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: