Roasted Beet Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Infused with aromatic herbs and spices and roasted garlic, this roasted beet dip is flavorful, colorful and oh-so addictive!
The only way to start a Monday is with bright and colorful food. Yes? But just colorful won’t cut it, cuz we need some major flavor too! Yes and yes!!
Well, I really hope you love beets. I have one deliciously addictive beet dip for ya. You might already know this, but I’ll say it again. I love me some beets! I don’t understand how this slightly earthy, yet sweet root vegetable tastes like dirt to some, including my husband. But that’s ok, more for me!!
Roasting is my favorite way of cooking beets. In my opinion, this simple and effortless method brings out the best flavors in beets.
Speaking of flavor, we’ll be mixing bunch of aromatic spices together for this dip. Think: cumin, coriander, chili powder! Can you smell these?? Ahhh, so good!
Together with cilantro and dill, this dip is overloaded with flavors. A touch of lemon juice is added for brightness, and a drizzle of olive oil for smoothness. I also added some walnuts for a little bit of texture. Splendid!!
Serve this dip with some tortilla chips, or smeared on a slice of baguette. Or just grab a spoon, if that’s how you roll.
Wishing you a bright and productive week ahead. Thanks for stopping by!
Roasted Beet Dip
- 2-3 medium beets about 12oz
- 1 head of garlic
- ½ cup 50gr walnuts
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dill paste*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Baguette and/or tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wrap each beet individually in foil.
- Cut the top of the garlic head to expose the cloves. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and wrap in foil.
- Roast** the beets and the garlic for about 45 minutes, or until the beets are fork-tender.
- Once the beets are cooled, trim the top and peel the skin. Cut each beet into a few slices.
- In the food processor, place all the ingredients and squeeze the roasted garlic (discard the skin). Blend until smooth. Adjust the salt to taste.
- Serve with sliced baguette, and/or tortilla chips.
Tips & Notes
**Beets and garlic can be roasted a day in advance. Store in the airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.