This colorful rainbow smoothie is not only fun to look at, it’s also absolutely delicious and fun to drink!
Who is ready for summer? I sure am!
We may not have gotten as much snow as we used to for the last several years, but this winter has been one of the coldest ones. Brrr…
And to welcome long awaited spring time, I made this fabulous smoothie. Hope it’ll brighten your day as much as it did ours!
Even though I had to rinse the blender a few times to make the perfect layers, I truly enjoyed the process of making this smoothie. It was fun layering all the colorful layers.
Honestly, it didn’t come out this perfect on my first trial. The colors were not as bright, the layers were messy, but I learned couple tricks in the process. Besides, taste testing was delicious, to say the least.
My husband loved it as well. He said, “The flavor changes unexpectedly. You never know what you get next!” We, adults, excited to drink this. Can you imagine how fun it would be to serve it to kids?? Birthday party treat, anyone?
Ok, let’s make this smoothie, shall we?
To get started, prepare all the ingredients for each layer in individual bowls. The process goes smoother that way. You can use frozen fruits, by the way!
Then blend the ingredients for each layer separately. (I forgot to take a picture of the yellow layer. Oops.) Quick rinse between the layers is sufficient.
Pour each layer into its individual bowls again. I know, I know, ton of dishes, but I promise it’ll be worth it!
Now onto the fun part!
To make those beautiful clean layers, you just need to carefully spoon the mixture into the glass starting from the edges. And by that I mean you want small spoonfuls dropped gently in the circle. If you just pour the layers on top of each other, you won’t get a beautiful presentation. Trust me on that one, and don’t ask me how I know. 🙂
I know, it’s a little tedious, but hey, look what you’ll get to enjoy! Totally worth it, don’t ya think?
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt Note 1
- 2 kiwis
- A small handful of spinach
- 3 rounds of pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 orange
- ½ banana
- 1 raspberry
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2-3 strawberries
- Blend the ingredients for each layer separately in a blender, rinsing the blender between each layer.
- To beautifully layer the smoothie, carefully spoon the mixture into a glass starting from the edges. And by that I mean you want small spoonfuls dropped gently in the circle.
Tips & Notes:
- Store any leftover smoothie in the refrigerator for 1-2 days, but the colorful layers won't stay intact. It will still taste delicious!
- Leftover smoothies can be frozen too! Simply pour the mixture into an airtight freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Once ready to use, place the frozen smoothie back into the blender and blend with additional milk.
- If you don't want to re-blend the smoothie, freeze it in a mason jar with a lid. Let the smoothie defrost in the refrigerator, then shake and enjoy! Note 1: Substitute dairy-free yogurt to make this smoothie dairy-free & vegan!