Infuse those grocery-store croissants with fall flavors and enjoy with your morning coffee. These freshly baked pumpkin croissants comes together in less than 30 minutes!
These humble looking treats are sure not so humble on taste!
Loaded with pumpkin flavor, delicately crispy on the outside, yet soft and custardy inside!! Oh my gosh, I can’t wait for you try these!
It’s going to be your favorite pumpkin dessert this fall!
The best part: you can whip these freshly-baked, pumpkin-flavored croissants in less than 30 minutes!!! Yes, you read that right, 30 minutes is all you need!! The secret is in not-so-fancy croissants from your local grocery store. Yeah, they’re less than stellar, I know! But we’ll infuse them with our own pumpkin filling inside and out. You won’t be disappointed!
How to Make Pumpkin Croissants?
As easy as they are, you really don’t need step-by-step visuals. But I know how much you love them, so here it goes.
Step 1: Prepare the croissants.
Using a serrated bread knife (<- affiliate link for this affordable quality knife), cut the croissants in half horizontally.
Step 2. Make the filling
Using a mixer (or a whisk), whip up butter/pumpkin puree mixture until well combined. If you use ingredients at different temperature (for example, room temperature butter and pumpkin puree and cold eggs), the mixture may look curdled, but that’s totally fine and it won’t affect the taste.
Step 3. Fill the croissants.
Now smear the croissants with pumpkin mixture all over and arrange on a baking sheet, lined with a parchment paper or silicone mat.
By the way, that filling smeared all over the croissants creates an irresistibly crispy, sweet and pumpkin-y crust. You just have to try it to understand what I’m talking about.
Step 4. Bake!
And finally, bake the filled croissants until nice and toasty! Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar, if desired.
See how easy that was?
And it’s simply divine to indulge these with your morning coffee!
Oh by the way, this pumpkin dessert also makes a fantastic addition to your fall gatherings/brunches for baby showers, bridal showers, birthdays, and all the holidays ahead, of course!
Fall baking has never been so easy, and tasty! Give it a try and please don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @shineshka, if you try it! Thank you!!!
- 6 croissants
- ¼ cup 60gr unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup 50gr sugar
- ¼ cup 60gr pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Using a serrated knife, cut the croissants in half horizontally.
- To make the filling, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy in a mixing bowl with whisk attachment (or using a handheld electric mixer).
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, flour, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Continue to beat the mixture until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of each croissant. And then spread a little bit more on top as well.
- Arrange the filled croissants on a baking sheet, lined with silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Store pumpkin croissants in the fridge, covered. Before serving, warm up the croissants in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes.
Tips & Notes:
This post was originally published on September 21st, 2015, and updated on October 9th, 2019.