Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Super moist pumpkin cinnamon rolls with delicious pumpkin-y glaze are perfect for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving!
I’m really enjoying this pumpkin season! We’ve got so many pumpkins this year as always. My fiancé grows ton of them just for fun. Different variety, different shapes, different sizes…
Do you like roasted pumpkin seeds? We’re obsessed with it!
Couple weekends ago, I made homemade pumpkin puree and roasted some pumpkin seeds. So good! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw these pictures already. I’d experimented with my homemade pumpkin puree and happy to share this amazingly moist and soft pumpkin cinnamon rolls with unbelievably delicious, pumpkin-y glaze.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
I can’t stress enough how moist these rolls are. Pumpkin puree is the magic touch, of course.
I also can’t express how delicious this cream cheese glaze is. There is no word to describe it. You just have to trust me on this one and simply try it. I really wanted to give the glaze a little pumpkin flavor, but didn’t want to change the color. And while I was mixing everything, light bulb came on. 🙂 I had Pumpkin spice coffee creamer in the fridge. Duh?! It was perfect addition to the glaze. It gave the hint of pumpkin flavor that I was craving.
Ok, enough of rambling, let’s get to baking. 🙂
My fiancé asked me if he can just have these for dinner one night. Well, sure, why not? 😉
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree at room temperature
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 4 oz (110g) cream cheese at room temperature
- 7 oz (200g) sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) Pumpkin spice coffee creamer
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To make the dough
- In a large mixing bowl with dough hook attachment, combine dry active yeast and warm water. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with yeast, add pumpkin puree, buttermilk, egg and flour mixture. Knead for about 6-7 minutes on medium-low speed until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, you can mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon and knead the dough by hand until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.)
- Transfer the dough into large oiled bowl. Cover it with wet towel and put it in a warm place for an hour to rise. I put it in a microwave with a glass of hot water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
To make the filling
- Mix together brown sugar, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, roll out on a floured surface into a large rectangle about 18x15in. Pour melted butter and spread it evenly. Leave about half an inch on opposite edge of the dough. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the butter. Slightly wet the opposite edge of the dough that has no butter and filling.
- Roll up the dough into a log. Cut the log into four equal parts, and then cut each log into three equal rolls. Place them into a greased baking dish. Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rise for about half an hour to an hour.
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the top is nice and brown. Cool on wire rack while making the glaze.
To make the glaze
- In mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, beat together cream cheese, condensed milk and Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer on medium speed until smooth. Pour the glaze over the warm pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.