This fluffy pistachio buttercream pairs exceptionally well with chocolate cake. If you love pistachios, you’ll love this buttercream!
So, you love pistachios? Me too.
But for some reason, I never thought of making pistachio buttercream up until I made my pistachio macarons. Oh man, was I missing out! With my leftover homemade pistachio paste, I whipped up this ultra-fluffy pistachio buttercream. It pairs beautifully with chocolate cake, but I can imagine it’ll compliment any cake, or cupcake.
And just like any basic buttercream, it’ll take minutes to make it. Beat the butter and pistachio paste. Check. Beat in powdered sugar, cream and vanilla extract. Check.
And deliciously nutty, fluffy buttercream is ready to dress whatever baked goods you have. I used this frosting for my mini chocolate layer cakes. Absolutely delicious!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup pistachio paste
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, beat butter and pistachio paste until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.