Easy, creamy and impressive, this no bake Neapolitan cheesecake is out of this world delicious! Not overly sweet, airy smooth texture meets buttery graham cracker crust, and most importantly, surprisingly easy to make!
Each layer of dark chocolate, white chocolate and strawberry chocolate cheesecake fillings brings surprise and delight to your taste buds!
This cheesecake may look complicated, but let me tell you the secret. It takes practically the same effort and time of making a regular no-bake cheesecake!
You’re going to be blown away by the amazing light and airy texture of this no bake cheesecake!! Just like my favorite classic cheesecake, this Neapolitan cheesecake is sweetened with condensed milk and it yields moderately sweet, yet flavorful cheesecake!
How to Make No Bake Neapolitan Cheesecake:
As mentioned above, this cheesecake is truly easy to make!
The good news is that we aren’t making 3 different batters to create the beautiful layers! We make one base batter and then divide it into 3 equal parts to mix with 3 different melted chocolates.
Ok, let’s not get ahead ourselves here. Let’s break everything down, step by step.
Step 1. Graham Cracker Crust
I’m using chocolate graham crackers here. But you can totally use Oreo cookies as well, but I suggest to scrape off the filling before crushing.
You don’t need a lot of crust, because we’re only using it on the bottom. But feel free to double it, if you want to go up the sides as well.
Pack the crust mixture into a 7-inch springform pan and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
Step 2. Make Cheesecake Filling
- Stir gelatin powder in water and let it set for about 5 minutes. When ready to use, microwave for 10 seconds or so to liquify it.
- Place chocolates in separate microwave-safe bowls and melt each chocolate in a microwave. (See my directions below.)
- Now, let’s prepare the actual cheesecake mixture. Whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks.
- Then beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and salt until nice and smooth.
- Add whipped cream and gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and whip it until well combined.
- Now, divide the cream cheese mixture into 3 equal parts and stir in melted chocolate into each bowl. Gently fold each batter until well combined.
Step 3. Assemble Neapolitan Cheesecake
Now the real fun starts!
Take the crust out of the fridge, pour half of dark chocolate cheesecake mixture right in the middle. Then gently pour/spoon strawberry cheesecake mixture into the center, followed by white chocolate cheesecake mixture again into the center. Repeat with the remaining mixtures.
Smooth out the top, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set, or preferably overnight.
How to Thicken No Bake Cheesecake:
So, there’re number of ways you can thicken no bake cheesecake. Here’re 2 important steps that ensure unbelievably airy and light, smooth and velvety texture that is thick enough to slice.
- Gelatin ensures the cheesecake is nice and thick and stays that way even on the hottest summer days. And I promise, gelatin won’t make the cheesecake firm and rubbery.
- Whipped cream is the secret to light and airy texture that simply melts in your mouth. You’ll be amazed by its silky smooth and airy texture!
How to Melt Chocolate in Microwave:
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave it for 1 minute at 50% power (I use 1000watt microwave. If your microwave is higher power, you may need to reduce the power even more!)
- Stir the mixture and put it back for 30 seconds at 50% power.
- Stir it again and put it back for 15 seconds at 50% power. And repeat this step until all the chocolate is melted completely.
What Types of Chocolate to Use:
Here’re my go-to chocolate brands for this Neapolitan cheesecake:
- Bittersweet chocolate – I most commonly use Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate bar or chocolate chips.
- White chocolate – I like Ghirardelli white chocolate bar (not chocolate chips!) and Valrhona Ivoire 35% White Couverture Chocolate Feves (pictured above).
- Strawberry chocolate – I love Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Feves. It has amazing bright flavors!!
Neapolitan Cheesecake Decoration:
For decorating this Neapolitan cheesecake, I used a blend of Callebaut’s Strawberry, White Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Crispearls.
If you love no-bake cheesecakes, you may also love:
- Lemon Raspberry No Bake Cheesecake
- Chai Latter No Bake Mini Cheesecakes
- No Bake Circus Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 oz (60g) chocolate graham crackers (4 full sheets)
- 2-3 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter melted
- 1 packet (7g) powdered gelatin
- 4 oz (115g) white chocolate
- 3 oz (90g) strawberry chocolate
- 3 oz (90g) bittersweet chocolate
- 16 oz (450g) cream cheese (2 blocks) Note 1
- ½ (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
To prepare the crust:
- In a food processor, crush graham cracker until nice and fine. Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter and pulse a few times until the mixture resembled wet sand. Add more butter, if needed.
- Transfer the mixture into 7-inch round springform pan and evenly distribute all over the bottom, packing it down well. Place it in the fridge while you work on filling.
To make the filling:
- In a small bowl, mix together gelatin and 42g of cold water. Stir well and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place each type of chocolate in a microwave in separate microwave safe bowls. Then melt each bowl of chocolate separately in a microwave until nice and smooth. (To melt chocolate in microwave: Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds at 50% power. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted.)
- In a large mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer into another bowl.
- Now, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until fluffy and smooth.
- Add in the whipped cream and gelatin and mix again until combined.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into 3 equal parts and then add melted chocolate into each one. Gently fold each mixture until well combined.
To assemble the cheesecake:
- Take the crust out of the fridge, pour half of dark chocolate cheesecake mixture right in the middle. Then gently pour/spoon strawberry cheesecake mixture into the center, followed by white chocolate cheesecake mixture again into the center. Repeat with the remaining mixtures.
- Smooth out the top, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to set, or preferably overnight.
- Once the cheesecake is set, carefully run a knife around the edges and then open the springform to remove the side of the pan. If desired, decorate the cheesecake with sprinkles, chocolate ganache, or assortment of crispearls.
Leave a Review