Irresistibly smooth and creamy, these chai latte no-bake mini cheesecakes are perfect indulgence on gloomy fall days. Especially delicious with creamy caramel dip and sea salt!
I’ve been obsessed with spiced chai latte lately. Seriously, in the food-world filled with pumpkins, squashes and apples, I just wanted to take a break and obsess about other fall flavors, like spiced chai!
Oh-so-good, soul-warming drink.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love all things pumpkin, apples and squashes. 🙂 Can’t imagine getting through the fall without those flavors, but spiced chai is just another great addition.
These cheesecakes are so delicate, creamy smooth with just a touch of fall flavor!
In my quest for the perfect ratio for cream cheese vs gelatin, I’ve made a few dozens of mini cheesecakes. I wanted to get the perfect cheesecake texture that’s creamy smooth without wobbly jello-like consistency, yet firm enough to hold and eat without a spoon. 🙂
And here’re the step by step photos to make these creamy goodness.
Quick tip! Make sure to melt the gelatin in the warm, not hot milk, or it will loose its hardening magic. You don’t need to have a stand mixer to make this recipe. Hand-held electric mixer will do just fine.
These mini cheesecakes are soft and delicate, both texture-wise and flavor-wise. A little smear of creamy caramel dip puts this dessert over the top. Simply divine!
I really hope you’ll get a chance to try this recipe this fall.
Chai Latte No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 cup 115gr gingersnap cookie crumbs*
- 4 tablespoons 55gr unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- ½ cup 120ml milk
- 1 oz 30gr Chai latte powdered mix
- 8 oz 225gr cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup 80ml heavy cream
- Creamy caramel dip for topping
- Sea salt optional
- Line the muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix them well.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cookie crumb mixture into each cupcake cup. Press the mixture down firmly and evenly to the bottom of the pan.
- In a small cup, combine gelatin and 1 tablespoon of cold water. Let it sit for 5 minutes, until the gelatin absorbs the liquid completely.
- Heat the milk until warm, but not hot.
- Stir in chai latte mix and gelatin. Mix well till the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl with whisk attachment, or using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream till soft peaks form.
- Then add whipped cream and chai latte mixture into whipped cream cheese. Gently fold the mixture until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 12 cupcake cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to set.
- Before serving, smear creamy caramel dip and sprinkle some sea salt, if desired.
Tips & Notes:
This post was originally published on October 29th, 2014.