Bacon Ranch Potatoes in Pressure Cooker
Bacon ranch potatoes in less than 30 minutes! AND only 4 main ingredients and 3 simple seasonings for this mouth-watering comfort food.
If you follow me on snapchat, you know what I went through to create this recipe. Well, not that dramatic… But here’s how the first trial went down. After 15 minutes of cooking the potatoes in pressure cooker, it didn’t release ANY pressure! Now I don’t know about you, but I always feel uneasy about pressure cookers. It just seems like it’s going to explode any minute. I know, it’s just in my head…
Anyway, since no pressure came out, I was nervous to open the lid inside. So I carried my instant pot out to the backyard. If it explodes, let it be outside, right? And why wouldn’t I snapchat the whole process too, thinking I may be able to capture a crazy explosion or something.
Well, I held my phone in one hand and carefully opened the pressure cooker with other. And guess what? Nothing happened! No explosions, not even a steam. And the potatoes were barely cooked. Bummer!!
Lesson here is that to cook something in pressure cooker, you need at least some liquid. Even as little as 2 tablespoons of water will make a huge difference in the final result.
As I worked on this recipe on and off for entire summer, I learned so much about this magic little pot. If I was skeptical at the beginning, I’ve grown to love it. It’s versatile, convenient, and well, magical! No, I’m paid to promote this pot. I’m just really loving it!
So, what makes this recipe so special?
Only 4 main ingredients and 3 simple spices for this mouth-watering comfort food. I mean, bacon and potato alone will sell this recipe. But when you throw cheese into the mix, it’s simply hard to resist!
And the best part, everything is cooked in one pot!
Super simple, yet unbelievably tasty dish in less than 30 minutes.
Do you have Instant Pot, or similar electric pressure cooker? What’s your favorite dish to cook in it? I’m slowly building my favorite pressure cooker recipe list, and I’d love to try your favorites too.
Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Yield: About 6 servings
- 2lb (1kg) red potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 bacon strips
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4oz (115gr) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Ranch dressing
- Cut the potatoes into about 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Add potatoes, bacon and 2 tablespoons of water into the Instant Pot.
- Stir in dried parsley, garlic powder and salt.
- Set the instant pot to manual and set the time for 7 minutes. Release the pressure and carefully open the lid. (Note: From a few of readers' feedback, I learned that size of the pot affects the cooking time. This recipe was made with 6Qt Instant Pot. If yours is bigger, then please add 1-2 tablespoons of additional water and increase the cooking time by about 5-7 minutes.)
- Add ranch dressing and cheese and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: