This easy pumpkin pie recipe is an effortless way to bake not one, but TWO delicious homemade pies. Zero pie dough skills required!
It’s perfect when you don’t have time to make a pumpkin pie 100% from scratch, but still want to enjoy that homemade flavor and aroma. I call it my “lazy” pumpkin pie.
Year after year, I make my signature tall pumpkin mousse pie completely from scratch all throughout fall season. From flaky all-butter pie crust to homemade pumpkin puree, that pumpkin mousse pie is simply AMAZING.
Well, fast forward to now, with 2 busy little boys around, it has become less and less realistic to bake that pie. Not to even mention multiple times in a season.
So I tweaked my original recipe and completely simplified it to fit our current lifestyle without giving up on delicious homemade pumpkin pie altogether.
Why you’ll love this pie?
First of all, easy doesn’t mean it’s short on flavor or quality. Easy is just a bonus!
- Instead of store-bought pie crust, I prefer ultra-flaky puff pastry instead. It’s lighter, flakier and tastier! No pie dough skills required!
- Light in texture, rich in flavor and silky smooth pumpkin filling is addicting!
- My mother-in-law says how my pumpkin pie doesn’t give her heartburn like many other pumpkin pies do. (I’ll take that as a compliment!)
And the best part is that this recipe makes TWO pies! Yep, you read that right. 2 pies in one go!
I know it’s just the beginning of October, but we made a few rounds of this pie so far already, which means we ate about 8 pumpkin pies!!!
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Pie:
To prepare the crust:
- Roll out both puff pastry sheets and layer each sheet on 2 pie dishes.
- Crimp the edges and place the pie dishes in the freezer.
Freezing the pie shell before baking reduces shrinkage and helps to retain shape.
To make the pumpkin pie filling:
- In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment, whip the eggs until fluffy and tripled in volume.
- Add all the remaining filling ingredients and mix everything until combined.
To assemble and bake the pie:
- Divide the filling into 2 prepared pie dishes.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the pie is lightly wobbly in the middle. Cool completely before serving.
And there you have it! Super simple, quick and easy 2 pumpkin pies in one go ready for serving!
If my toddler can make it, you can make it too! 😉
Boys and I like to decorate our pies with homemade whipped cream. By the way, if you haven’t tried my whipped cream recipe, you’re totally missing out. All the details are in my yogurt whipped cream recipe post, and you absolutely NEED to try it!
Wilton Star Piping Tip
We used this star tip for piping whipped cream.
Easy Pumpkin Pie
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cans (14oz) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- To prepare the crust: Roll out both puff pastry sheets and layer each sheet on 2 pie dishes. Crimp the edges and place the pie dishes in the freezer.
- To make the filling: In a large mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs on medium high speed until fluffy and tripled in size, 3-5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, condensed milk, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, all spice and salt. Mix everything until well combined, 3 minutes.
- Divide the filling into chilled pie crusts.
- Bake the pies for about 35 minutes. The pie should be slightly wobbly in the middle and crust golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack before serving, about 2 hours. Decorate and serve with homemade whipped cream.