Fluffy, light, sweet and tangy, this incredibly versatile yogurt whipped cream will be your favorite topping for pies, cakes, and pancakes! You need this in your life.
You guys, this is heaven in a form of food! I know, I know, nothing beats chocolate, but this is the next best thing ever!
I feel slightly silly gushing over simple whipped cream. But let me tell ya, this is not just a regular whipped cream here. This is YOGURT whipped cream. Amazingly light and fluffy, slightly sweet and tangy!
Thick Greek yogurt is the magic touch that gives this regular whipped cream that amazing tang and character. Oh my gosh, I’d bath in this thing! It’s so good!
And did I tell you how versatile it is? You can add whatever flavoring you want. I’ve tried Grand Marnier with orange zest (I die!), Amaretto (nutty and delicious!), almond extract, and good ol’ vanilla extract! That’s not all. Use any flavored greek yogurt and BOOM!
Need some ideas to pair this heaven? How about an angel food cake or balsamic strawberries? Coffee cake, waffles, pancakes, CREPES (the best!)… I can go on and on naming everything I’d paired this fluff with for the last few weeks. Can you tell I’m obsessed?? 😉
Besides, Greek yogurt is good for you, so the calories don’t count, right?
Go ahead and make a batch of delicious pancakes this weekend to indulge in this fluffy, tangy yogurt whipped cream.
Yogurt Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup 120ml heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup 80gr Greek yogurt* (plain, or flavored)
- 1-2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Or other flavorings. See notes for ideas
- In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream with sugar until hard peaks form. Add the yogurt and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
Tips & Notes:
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (orange liquor) and fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto (Italian almond liquor)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract