This irresistibly easy fruit crisp is totally worth turning your oven on for! Even on hottest summer day, I promise.
Oh my goodness, raise your hand if you love some crispy, chewy crumb topping. And raise your other hand if you love it over warm sweet fruit compote.
You’re so in for a treat! This’s the easiest treat you could make this summer, and I promise you it’s worth turning oven on for.
I basically threw in some frozen fruits I had in the freezer. You know, I freeze fresh fruits myself whenever I buy them in bulk. Perfect for smoothies, and now this crisp.
So here, I have some blueberries, cherries and a little bit of strawberries. It might seem like a weird combination, but it was delicious. The recipe is easy like 1-2-3.
This crisp is best when eaten the same day though. No saving for later, because that marvelous topping will be sad soggy thing after refrigeration.
Add a dollop of vanilla ice cream, or homemade whipped cream for extra special touch!
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading.
Easy Fruit Crisp
- 4 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup 50gr sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter cold
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- To prepare the filling, whisk together sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt in small bowl.
- Place the fruits in 9-inch baking dish.
- Add sugar mixture over fruits and mix everything.
- To prepare the topping, combine topping ingredients in a medium bowl, and thoroughly mix everything together until the butter is cut into the dry ingredients creating somewhat lumpy mixture. I used my hands, but you can use pastry cutter if you want.
- Spread the topping evenly over the fruits.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is nice and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a vanilla ice cream, if desired.
This recipe was originally published on July 21, 2014.
Leave a Review