Light and tender bacon chicken meatballs with creamy tangy dipping sauce – a true crowd-pleaser!
These chicken meatballs are not your regular chicken meatballs.
No, no. These meatballs are loaded with BACON!! We’re talking deliciously smokey flavors in every juicy bite!
Besides additional flavor, bacon also prevents the meatballs from drying out. No more overcooked, dry, cardboard-like chicken meatballs. Hello, uber-juicy flavor-bombs!!
And that’s not all, you guys. Light and crispy Japanese breadcrumbs, aka Panko, is added in the mixture to ensure light and tender texture.
Oh and did I mention how easy it is to make these meatballs? In just 1-2-3 steps, these flavor-bombs will be ready to be devoured! Hooray, less time prepping, more time partying!
How to make bacon chicken meatballs
First, place bacon strips in a food processor and pulse it until nice and chopped.
Then add all the remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
Form the meatballs into bite-size meatballs. I use this medium cookie scoop to form uniform meatballs, which speeds up the whole process so much!
See, how easy was that?!
Can I make chicken meatballs without ground chicken?
Absolutely!! I rarely purchase ground chicken, but I make these chicken meatballs quite often. Simply place chicken breasts in a food processor with bacon and pulse until everything is finely chopped.
How to serve chicken meatballs?
Serve the meatballs with creamy zingy sour cream sauce. Perfect appetizer!! The sauce isn’t really hot, but it definitely has a zing to it. That little bit of sriracha really makes a big difference. And creamy horseradish is just a must!
These bacon chicken meatballs are also great in any recipe that calls for meatballs.
How to store chicken meatballs?
Store the baked chicken meatballs in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Bacon Chicken Meatballs with Creamy Dipping Sauce
- 5 oz 140gr bacon
- 2 lbs 1kg ground chicken* (Note 1)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley about 20gr
- 1 cup 60gr Panko, Japanese breadcrumbs
- 5 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup 55gr sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon creamy horseradish
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mat, or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, place bacon and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add all the remaining meatball ingredients. Pulse until everything is well combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, divide the mixture into uniform meatballs, about 1-inch. (You will get about 60 meatballs.) Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the meatballs warm with sauce on the side.
This recipe was originally published on May 25, 2015.