Almond Yogurt Cake
This post is sponsored by FAGE. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone.
There is so much to love about this simple almond yogurt cake. Delicate flavor, moist crumb, and it’s healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast! Super easy one-bowl cake anyone can make.
Cake for breakfast isn’t an everyday affair.
But when we’re talking about this beautiful almond yogurt cake, it is indeed an acceptable healthy breakfast choice. Top it with fresh berries, yogurt whipped cream, lemon curd, or slivered almonds.
This cake has delicate almond flavor, hint of lemon and tang from the yogurt.
Speaking of yogurt, this yogurt cake is brought to you by FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt! I absolutely love this all-natural Greek yogurt for its rich, super creamy and delicious taste. Seriously, the creaminess of this yogurt is SO distinctive that I’d totally pick it in a blind taste test. (<- I think it’s a great idea, I should really do that! Comment below, if you agree.)
This protein-rich yogurt without added sugar is a perfect snack in the afternoon. Remember my guide to ultimate yogurt bar? So many delicious ways to enjoy it.
I’ll share more fun ways to incorporate more Greek yogurt into your everyday menu in a bit. But for now, let’s talk about THIS cake!
It’s pretty straight forward recipe, but I’ll walk you through the process.
First, gather all the ingredients.
A few general notes about the ingredients:
- If you don’t have almond flour, you can use all-purpose flour instead.
- I don’t recommend reducing sugar amount anymore than what the recipe calls for. I tested it with as little as 1/2 cup of sugar. And while it’s not bad, I preferred the one with 3/4 cup of sugar. It’s moister and more flavorful.
- Feel free to play around with different citrus zest. Orange zest, for example, pairs beautifully with almond!
Ok, let’s get started with the batter.
We only need one bowl for this cake batter. Start with beating eggs, yogurt, oil and almond extract. The mixture should be smooth and pale yellow.
Stir in sugar and lemon zest next.
And once the sugar is fully incorporated, sift dry ingredients straight into the yogurt mixture. Then fold it gently with a rubber spatula until smooth.
Now pour the batter into the oiled bread pan. I use cooking spray to coat the pan.
If you feel fancy, sprinkle some slivered almonds. I love the crunch the almonds add! And into the oven it goes.
Seriously such an easy cake, yet so flavorful. That brown crust is the most satisfying too!!
Now, as promised earlier, here are a few ways to incorporate FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt into your day:
- Breakfast: Thick and creamy Greek yogurt is a perfect addition to any smoothie. Not only does it add creaminess, but it also adds protein boost to your morning drink! Besides smoothies, yogurt bowls are also a great breakfast choice!
- Lunch: Mix plain Greek yogurt with shredded drained cucumber, lemon juice, and fresh dill. And serve it with a pita bread. Boom! Light and satisfying lunch in minutes.
- Dessert: Add a little tang to your homemade whipped cream with Greek yogurt. It’s magical what a little bit of yogurt could do to simple whipped cream! The key is thick Greek yogurt, and FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt is perfect for it!
- Dinner: Try subbing Greek yogurt for sour cream in your next Mexican dish. You’d be surprised how it seamlessly pairs with your tacos for fewer calories.
Visit the FAGE website for more delicious ideas!
Almond Yogurt Cake
There’s so much to love about this simple almond yogurt cake. Delicate flavor, moist crumb, and it’s healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast! Super easy one-bowl cake anyone can make.
Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup (150gr) sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cups (125gr) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (100gr) almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup slivered almonds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°F). Spray 8×5 bread pan with a cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl with whisk attachment, beat eggs, yogurt, oil and almond extract until smooth.
- Add sugar and lemon zest and continue beating until nice and smooth.
- Sift flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt over the yogurt mixture. Gently fold until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds on top, if desired.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: