12 Valentine’s Day Eats & Treats
12 delicious sweet n’ savory eats and treats to celebrate Valentine’s Day in the comfort of your own home. Get inspired!
Being a chocoholic, I could’ve easily fill this post up with all things chocolate.
Hope you’ll find an inspiration to treat your sweetheart with something homemade.
1) Start the night with something savory.
- For seafood fans, make this super easy Seared Scallops with Honey Dijon Avocado Sauce. Fancy doesn’t necessarily have to be complicated, just like these gorgeous scallops. The only thing you need to worry about is not to overcook them!
- Whenever I think of sushi for Valentine’s Day, I can’t help but think of Samantha of Sex and The City! (Anyone else is fan of the show?? ????????) Anyway, this is a sure way to impress your other half, or better yet make these Homemade Sushi Rolls together! Cooking together is sexy, yes? Besides, you can fill your sushi rolls with whatever you like. Not a seafood fan? No problem, stuff them with your favorite veggies!
- Let me guess, your man isn’t satisfied unless he is served with some meat? Don’t sweat, cuz these little Mini Filet Mignons are bound to put a smile on his face! Plus, bacon and blue cheese… Heaven!
- Last week, I shared this fabulous Cheese Platter for Two. This is exactly how I’m going to treat my honey! I have absolutely no time cooking and baking with the little one, but a beautiful cheese board will still be special.
2) Chocolates, berries and all things sweets!
- Treat yourself with rich Chocolate Mousse for breakfast! And don’t feel bad about it, because it’s made of mostly good for you ingredients! Yes, it’s possible!
- I know there are people who doesn’t eat chocolate. (My mother-in-law for one!) But you still gotta treat them with something sweet, right? To me, berries are just as delicious as chocolates. So it seems perfectly appropriate to make this sophisticated Lemon Chantilly Parfait on Valentine’s Day.
- Or these fabulous, yet easy Creme Brûlée? No torch is required!
- Back to chocolates. These Strawberry Chocolate Truffles are BOMB. And soooooo super easy to make! You have to!
3) All Things Red Velvet!
- Classic Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are, well, classic! You can’t go wrong with it!
- Wanna impress someone? Make this Red Velvet Crepe Cake. It’s labor of love, for sure, but totally worth it!
- Or another super impressive cake here: Magic Red Velvet Flan Cake! Not only gorgeous, but it’s also absolutely delicious. You’ll be eating it for days, and won’t even complain about it.
- And last, but not least, Super Tall Red Velvet Layer Cake is for winners! One word: FABULOUS!
If you need more inspiration check out this Pinterest board.
Also, I’ll be sharing one more lovely recipe for your valentine on Tuesday. So check back, you don’t wanna miss it!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: