Classic Pavlova is airy, light and absolutely delicious dessert cake that you will be making over and over again.
For the cake:
- 1 ¼ cup (250gr) sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar, or white wine vinegar
For the filling:
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 2 cups (250gr) sliced fresh strawberries (about 10 large whole strawberries)
- 1 cup (150gr) fresh blueberries
- Draw 8-inch circle on a parchment paper and place it on baking sheet, ink side down. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with whisk attachment, or using handheld electric mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Stir in cream of tartar and salt and continue to beat on medium high speed. Add sugar/cornstarch mixture one tablespoon at a time, while mixer is running on medium high speed. Continue to beat the egg whites until hard peaks form. The mixture will look smooth and shiny. Add vanilla extract and white distilled vinegar, and gently fold the mixture with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter onto the parchment paper inside the circle. Make a shallow well in the center.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Turn the oven off and let it cool for at least 2 hours with oven door ajar. You can leave it overnight. While cooling, the cake will collapse and crack. This is totally normal.
- To make the whipped cream filling, beat the heavy cream with sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed until nice and thick . Keep a close eye on it. Don’t over-whip the cream, or you will start making butter.
- When you are ready to serve, gently run a long offset spatula on the bottom of the cake to separate from the parchment paper. Using a large cake lifter, carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter. Spread the whipped cream filling over the top of the cake and top with fresh fruits.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: