This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of FAGE. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone.
Healthy snack time doesn’t have to be boring. On the contrary, it should be vibrant, exciting and absolutely indulgent! Let’s talk about ultimate yogurt bar for a healthy snack time.
That time between lunch and dinner, when you’re kind of hungry, low on energy and craving something to munch on. That’s perfect time for an afternoon snack, the best time of the day, right? In my previous life, I’d reach for a chocolate bar, or bag of popcorn. Brownies, anyone?
Now that I’m raising two little humans though, I’ve become more health-conscious. I want to give my kids healthy, nutritious meals, but at the same time I want them to enjoy life full of delicious colorful food.
Healthy doesn’t translate into boring, bland food in my house.
We make it fun and delicious!
Today, I want to share with you one of our favorite afternoon snacks. This yogurt bar is brought to you by FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt!
Why we love yogurt bar for our afternoon snack?
- #1 reason is that this’s customize-your-own-snack time! No two yogurt bowls should be the same. Everyone gets to tailor to their own taste! I let Grant, my 2-year-old toddler, pick and choose his toppings for creamy plain yogurt. He absolutely loves berries and almonds, and that’s what he usually picks.
- It’s FUN! There’s basically hundreds of ways to dress your yogurt, transforming them from plain Greek yogurt into a deliciously sweet, exciting yogurt bowl with lots of textures and flavors. Sky is your limit, and it’s a good time to experiment and explore new flavor/texture combinations.
- And of course, it’s healthy! FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt is all-natural Greek strained yogurt, made with only milk and live active yogurt cultures. This yogurt is unbelievably CREAMY! You just have to try it to understand the level of creaminess of this yogurt!!! It’s also thick, it’s tangy and it’s a perfect canvas for your toppings. There’s no additives and preservatives, no added sugar and naturally gluten-free. What it does have is plenty of protein and good source of calcium! Plus, it’s Non-GMO Project Verified! And now that you have such a healthy and nutritious canvas to begin, make sure to prepare a variety of healthy toppings to choose from. Don’t worry, we’ve got ton of choices and I’m here to share some of our favorites below.
Yogurt Bowl #1 – CLASSIC
FAGE Total 2% + Strawberries + Blueberries + Granola + Honey
Truly classic granola bowl, my toddler’s favorite! You can’t go wrong with this classic bowl. Creamy yogurt with sweet and juicy berries and crunchy granola for texture. Add as much honey as you need to please your palate.
Yogurt Bowl #2 – TRENDY
FAGE Total 2% + Peaches + Coconut Chips + Flax seeds + Honey
Next up is a trendy option for you! Coconut chips (or flakes, you choose) and flax seeds are trendy nutrient packed toppings. Tangy yogurt, sweetened with a touch of honey, juicy peaches, coconut chips and flax seeds! Who can resist?!
Yogurt Bowl #3 – BOLD
FAGE Total 2% + Olive oil + Pine nuts + Sea salt
Wait, don’t close out the screen! I promise, this is GOOD. No, not just good. It’s amazing! It’s unusual for sure, but fruity olive oil and sea salt takes this creamy yogurt from good to amazing!! And pine nuts are just an icing on the cake. It’s yogurt bowl of MY choice, because I eat way too many sweets already!
Now it’s your turn. Tell me what is your favorite combination for a perfect yogurt bowl?
I hope you were inspired by my ultimate yogurt bar. Please grab a few FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt at your grocery store and build an amazing yogurt bowl. Enjoy!
Ultimate Yogurt Bar
- FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt
Nuts & Seeds:
- Almond slices
- Pine nuts
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Coconut chips or flakes
- Cocoa nibs
- Granola mix
- Maple syrup
- Mix and match different toppings over creamy tangy Greek yogurt.