This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
These snickers brownies are fudgy in the center with thin crackle top and loaded with gooey chewy snickers bites! Brownie heaven!
Table of Contents
You guys, I have a treat for you! Here are ooey gooey, fudgy, chewy brownies for you on this fine Monday. Got your coffee? Great! Let’s talk about these brownies.
5 basic ingredients mixed with a few more items to highlight the chocolate flavor and add some fun texture.
We start with classic brownie recipe that consists of usual suspects: butter, chocolate, eggs, flour and sugar.
For these fudgy, dense brownies, the amount of each of following basic ingredients is very precise. Slight changes in the amount of these ingredients will yield drastically different textures. For instance, more butter, or less flour than specified in the recipe will yield greasy, unappetizing brownies. Extra flour will make the brownies dry and cakey. The amount of sugar in my recipe is lower than most classic recipes call for, because I’m using semi-sweet chocolate and due to additional sweets from snickers. You got the idea, for best result, don’t make any modifications here please, and make sure to measure everything accurately.
Now, let’s talk about other ingredients. A touch of vanilla extract and espresso powder enhances the chocolate flavor in these brownies. I love adding a bit of espresso powder in my chocolate desserts to give a little extra oomph. But if you don’t have it, no need to run to the store. Salt in any sweet desserts brightens the flavor and balances the sweetness. A little pinch of salt makes all the difference. And the most important ingredient of all in this particular brownie recipe is Snickers bar.
Snickers add gooey, caramel-y, nutty, chewy texture to these brownies. Just perfection! Oh and this recipe is prepared in just one bowl. Yay, less clean-up!
- 6 oz 170gr mini snickers
- 1/3 cup 75gr unsalted butter
- 4 oz 115gr semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup 135gr sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup 85gr all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 8x8in (20x20cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Chop the snickers into small pieces. Reserve about 1/3 of candy for topping. And toss the remainder of the snickers bites with a tablespoon of flour.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter over simmering water until smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sugar. Cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Mix just until you see a little bit of flour and stir in the floured snickers.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes. Sprinkle the reserved chopped snickers over the brownie. Bake for another 4 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack before removing from the pan. Cut into squares and serve.