Light and refreshing, this pineapple raspberry sangria is a fun and colorful summer drink for a crowd. Only 5 ingredients required!
My all time favorite party drink is sangria. Fruity, colorful, refreshing, and plenty! What’s not to love?
I’ve shared handful of different sangria versions here on the blog. With rosé, with moscato (the most popular!), with Pinor Noir, you name it. And now it’s time for some sangria blanca, aka sangria with white wine.
I chose zesty dry Pinot Grigio. Naturally citrusy, this dry white wine pairs beautifully with fresh pineapples and raspberries, creating refreshing, crisp drink. Since Pinot Grigio (which is the same thing as Pinot Gris, just in french) is a dry wine, simple syrup is a welcome addition. You can, of course, adjust the amount of the sweetener to your taste. I like it a little on a sweeter side.
The beauty of this drink is that you can prepare it a day in advance. It’ll be fabulous the next day. And the macerated fruits are better yet!
Hope you enjoy this beautiful drink this coming long weekend. Have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!
Pineapple Raspberry Sangria
- 1 cup 200gr sugar
- 1/2 fresh pineapple cut into pieces
- 6 oz 170gr fresh raspberries
- 1 bottle 750ml Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 cup 60ml orange liquor
- To make the simple syrup, boil 1 cup (240ml) of water in a small saucepan. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a large pitcher, add the fruits, wine and orange liquor. Stir in half of the simple syrup and taste. Add more syrup to your taste. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, or overnight.