Simple yet sophisticated, this lemon Chantilly parfait is a great dessert to impress your dinner guests. Layers of fluffy Chantilly creme laced with tangy lemon curd and fresh fruits. You’ll taste summer in every bite!
Ever since I made a batch of homemade lemon curd, I’ve been adding it to pretty much every dessert I managed to whip up in the last few weeks. It adds tangy, sweet, summer-y touch to everything it touches. Summer, I’m so glad you’re here!
I made this parfait for my MIL for Mother’s Day. She loves lemon curd, so I was pretty sure she will love this as well. And I wasn’t wrong. It was a hit!
You know, I was debating what to call this dessert.
What is this dessert?
After consulting with my friend Google, I settled on parfait. Adding pieces of cake (angel food cake would be nice!) into the layer would make it a trifle. But for now, let’s focus on this marvelous parfait, shall we?
This easy parfait comes together in just a few minutes. It takes a lot of beating, but that’s about it. Start with softened cream cheese, beat it with powdered sugar until nice and fluffy, whip the heavy cream and mix everything together to create the fluffiest Chantilly creme. Now, traditional Chantilly creme doesn’t call for cream cheese, but I like how it adds a nice tang to the creme. (As you can recall from my show-stopper Berry Chantilly Cake.)
When it comes to fruits, use whatever fresh fruits you can get your hands on. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, mango, kiwi, and/or blackberries. The fruits really do make this dessert. They add freshness, sweetness, texture and color.
Lemon Chantilly Parfait
- 4 oz 110gr cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup 60gr powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup 160 ml heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 kiwis peeled and cut into small pieces
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until well combined. Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream into the mixing bowl. Whip until hard peaks form. Add the whipped cream and vanilla extract into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold until smooth. Chantilly creme is ready.
- In 4 small glasses, layer the Chantilly creme, lemon curd and fruits. Repeat the layers. If not serving immediately, chill in the refrigerator. (You can prepare this dessert a few hours in advance.)
Leave a Review