These chewy, wholesome hazelnut coconut cookies are made with only good-for-you-ingredients. No processed sugar, no butter, no flour. And they actually taste amazing!!
Oh man, so many things has changed since my last post. Yes, it’s been 2.5 weeks since then! Though I was planning to take only 1 week off, my little man decided to arrive early and kept me busy ever since! He brought so much love and joy into our life though. I just want to lay with him and stare at him for eternity! (By the way, you can read my birth story here.)
But for now, let’s talk COOKIES!
Remember my chewy almond cookies, I shared 2 years ago?
Well, those cookies are one of the top 10 recipes on my blog. I get rave reviews all the time from you. And I’m not even surprised. No processed sugar, no flour, no butter. But they don’t lack one thing for sure: TASTE!
Now, I don’t follow paleo diet or anything, and I have to admit I do get my fair share of decadent desserts. BUT sometimes, we all could use a healthy alternative, right? And because I had a little bit of hazelnut flour on hand, I decided to make a variation of my almond cookies. They turned out great and I couldn’t not to share them with you.
Besides, it’s a beginning of a new year, and many of us have a resolution to shed some pounds. Am I right? (As for me, 40+ lbs to go (all that baby weight)!! Grr…)
To make these cookies, you don’t even need a mixer. Just mix everything in a bowl and shape them up. You do want to flatten the cookies before baking, because unlike classic chocolate chip cookies, these ones won’t spread during baking.
Super easy, huh? Store the leftover cookies in the fridge. Otherwise, I noticed they get a bit sticky at room temperature.
Now you don’t have to break your New Year’s resolution to enjoy some cookies. Are you in?
Hazelnut Coconut Cookies
- 2 cups 200gr hazelnut flour
- ½ cup 35gr unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons 120gr raw honey
- 4 teaspoons 20gr coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together hazelnut flour, coconut flakes, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to the hazelnut flour mixture and mix well. The mixture should be thick.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, shape the dough into 16 1-inch balls and place 8 cookies per baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or silicone mat. Flatten the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. The cookies will be quite fragile as they come out of the oven, so cool for 5-10minutes on the baking sheets first, and then transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in airtight container in the fridge.
Leave a Review