Easy Almond Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
These gluten free, dairy free, egg free almond cookies are chewy and delicious. So much flavor in every bite, you won’t believe how good they are! Plus, these paleo cookies are unbelievably easy to make.
Table of Contents
Seriously, these almond cookies are magic!
Why you’ll love these almond cookies?
- Takes only 20 minutes to make (from start to finish!)
- Requires just a bowl and spatula
- Calls for only handful of ingredients
Since then these almond cookies have become readers favorite as well!
I first shared this recipe back in January, 2014, and it’s been my go-to cookie recipe since then.
And because I couldn’t get enough of these cookies last month, I decided it was time to update the photos and add a video to show you just how easy it is to make them.
Oh and my boys LOVE these cookies.
How to make these almond cookies:
As mentioned before, these gluten-free cookies are insanely EASY to make.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for add-ins, in a medium bowl.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop 1-inch cookie balls on two baking sheets.
- Flatten the cookies and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yep, no chilling required!
The batter can vary in texture a little bit depending on the ingredients (kind of honey, or maple syrup, or almond flour, etc) you use.
If your batter is a bit on dry side, add a little bit more honey, or coconut oil to moisten it. This cookie batter is quite forgiving.
Almond Cookie Variations:
You can customize your almond cookies with various add-ons:
- chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- quick oats
All in all, you’re going to LOVE these paleo cookies.
Chewy Almond Cookies
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons (120ml) raw honey
- 4 teaspoons (20g) coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Optional Add-ins (pick one):
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup quick oats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients, except optional add-ins. The mixture should be thick and evenly moistened. (Note: If you think your batter is too crumbly, feel free to add a little bit more honey or coconut oil. The batter is quite forgiving.)
- If using, stir in optional add-ins like chocolate chips.
- Flatten the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- The cookies will be quite fragile as they come out of the oven, so cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheets first, and then transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
Tips & Notes
This recipe was originally published on January 22, 2014.
You may also like: