Coconut Almond Balls
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Homemade version of decadent Raffaello candy… These sweet, chewy, buttery coconut almond balls are a delightful treat for every coconut fanatic!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love these coconut balls:
Listen up, coconut lovers! I have a treat for you.
These little snow white balls are chewy, buttery, sweet and oh-soo addicting! It’s basically a homemade version of my favorite Ferrero Raffaello, coconut almond candy. If you haven’t tried it, you’re totally missing out, because they’re crispy, creamy heaven in the form of sweet little coconut balls. This homemade version isn’t crispy, but undeniably chewy from all the coconut flakes, and buttery sweet from all the condensed milk goodness.
If you’re a coconut fan, like me, you’ll love these little treats. This recipe makes about 35 balls, which seems a lot, but they disappear in a flash. (Everyone at the ranch devoured them in just one day! Except for my sis-in-law, she is allergic to coconut.)
The best part: you can store these beauties in the freezer for a couple of months. So whenever craving hits, you can simply reach into your freezer. And you don’t even have to wait for it to thaw.
How to make this recipe:
To make this dessert, it doesn’t require any special skills, or precise measurement.
- Simply mix all the ingredients, divide into equal parts (this medium cookie scoop is perfect for this task!)
- Divide the mixture into 1.5-inch balls with an almond in the middle.
- And roll them in coconut flakes.
Placing in a cute mini cupcake wrapper is, of course, optional.
Hope you make these beauties this weekend.
Heat (or even room temperature) is enemy #1 for these treats.
Store them in the freezer in an airtight container and serve in small batches.
Thanks for reading!
Coconut Almond Balls
- 14 oz (400g) sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto Italian almond liquor
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups (280g) coconut flakes divided
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- ½ cup whole almonds
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat condensed milk and butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla extract, Amaretto, 2.5 cups of coconut flakes and almond flour.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, form 1.5-inch balls placing one almond in the center and roll them in the remaining 1 cup of coconut flakes.
Tips & Notes
This recipe was originally published on July 30th, 2015.