The Best Banana Pancakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
These banana pancakes are healthy, delicious, and very simple to make! Top them with maple syrup, greek yogurt, and fresh berries, and you can have breakfast ready in no time!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe:
Back in 2013, 2-ingredient banana pancakes were SO popular. Do you remember those days?
At the time, I was intrigued and it didn’t take me long to try it. Truthfully, it wasn’t bad. For just two ingredients, it really delivered pretty real pancakes. But I thought it could be better.
So, I doctored mine with a few additional ingredients to land on my version of the very best banana pancakes.
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
You really don’t need much for these pancakes.
When I used only banana and egg, the pancakes were coming out a bit soggy and wet.
To fix that, I added a little bit of flour.
And for additional flavor notes, I also added cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, and a small pinch of salt. Just simple things you already have on hand.
These banana pancakes tend to be a bit sweet, that’s why salt helps to tone it down a bit.
How to make these pancakes:
- First, mash bananas with a fork.
- Stir in eggs. And then add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- And cook 3-4 pancakes at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side. (1/4 cup of batter per pancake.)
I highly recommend non-stick skillet for this recipe, and you don’t need to oil or butter the skillet.
I love serving these pancakes with fresh berries and a dollop of Greek yogurt. And you can certainly serve some maple syrup as well.
How to store banana pancakes:
These pancakes can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days and warmed in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
What kind of bananas do I use for this recipe?
Nice and ripe bananas speckled with dark spots are ideal for this recipe. I typically use medium to large bananas.
What is the best flour to use?
All-purpose or whole wheat flour works best.
I’ve tested this recipe with almond flour, and the pancakes didn’t turn out. They didn’t hold their shape with almond flour, and came out super soggy.
The Best Banana Pancakes
- 2 ripe banana Note 1
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour Note 2
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh fruits and berries
- Maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop four 1/4 cup of batter on hot skillet. (Note: It’s not necessary to oil the pan.) Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minuters.
- Carefully flip each pancake when you see some bubbles on top and the edges of pancakes are set. Cook for another 2 minutes or so and transfer onto serving plate. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve the banana pancakes immediately with a dollop of Greek yogurt, drizzle of Maple syrup and some fresh berries, if desired. The pancakes are great when served plain as well!
Tips & Notes
This post was originally published on April 17th, 2013.