This post was originally published on April 17th, 2013.
These healthy and delicious banana pancakes are the best! Unlike common 2-ingredient version, this one is much more flavorful, yet still nutritious and, most importantly, super easy!
You’ve seen popular 2-ingredient banana pancake recipe, haven’t you? It was early 2013, when I learned about this magic recipe. I was intrigued and it didn’t take me long to try it. Truthfully, it wasn’t bad. For just two ingredients, it really delivered pretty real pancakes. But I thought it could be better.
Hence I doctored mine with a few additional ingredients to land on my version of very best banana pancakes.
The other day, I made this for myself for breakfast and thought I’d also snap a few photos to bring new life to this oldie, but goodie!
You really don’t need much for these pancakes.
When I just used banana and egg, the pancakes were coming out a little soggy-ish and wet. So to fix that I added teeny tiny bit of flour. And for additional flavor notes, I also added cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and a small pinch of salt, just simple things you already have on hand.
These banana pancakes tend to be a bit sweet, that’s why salt helps to tone it down a bit.
And as you can see below, it’s unbelievably easy to make. This recipe serves just one person, but you can easily double, or triple it to feed more mouths!
PS: If using non-stick skillet, you don’t need to use any oil or butter. I promise it works. But if you so choose to, no one will stop you from adding a little butter. Just saying…
Serve your pile of pancakes with fresh fruits, dollop of greek yogurt and some maple syrup. It’s simply amazing combination.
You won’t even feel like eating healthy, because you know, you’re having pancakes!! So enjoy it!!
Thank you for stopping by!
The Best Banana Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Greek yogurt fresh fruits, and maple syrup for serving, as desired
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Heat the non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake. It’s not necessary to oil the pan.
- Carefully flip the pancake when the edge of the pancake set.