These healthy and delicious banana pancakes are the best! Unlike common 2-ingredient version, this one is much more flavorful, yet still nutritious and, most importantly, super easy!
You’ve seen popular 2-ingredient banana pancake recipe, haven’t you? It was early 2013, when I learned about this magic recipe. I was intrigued and it didn’t take me long to try it. Truthfully, it wasn’t bad. For just two ingredients, it really delivered pretty real pancakes. But I thought it could be better.
Hence I doctored mine with a few additional ingredients to land on my version of very best banana pancakes.
Banana Pancake Ingredients:
You really don’t need much for these pancakes.
When I just used banana and egg, the pancakes were coming out a bit soggy and wet. So, to fix that I added teeny tiny bit of flour. And for additional flavor notes, I also added cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and a small pinch of salt, just simple things you already have on hand.
These banana pancakes tend to be a bit sweet, that’s why salt helps to tone it down a bit.
How to Make Banana Pancakes:
It’s unbelievably easy to make.
PS: If using non-stick skillet, you don’t need to use any oil or butter. I promise it works. But if you so choose to, no one will stop you from adding a little butter. Just saying…
Serve your pile of pancakes with fresh fruits, dollop of greek yogurt and some maple syrup. It’s simply amazing combination.
You won’t even feel like eating healthy, because you know, you’re having pancakes!! So enjoy it!!
Thank you for stopping by!
The Best Banana Pancakes
- 2 ripe banana Note 1
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour Note 2
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh fruits and berries
- Maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop four 1/4 cup of batter on hot skillet. (Note: It’s not necessary to oil the pan.) Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minuters.
- Carefully flip each pancake when you see some bubbles on top and the edges of pancakes are set. Cook for another 2 minutes or so and transfer onto serving plate. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve the banana pancakes immediately with a dollop of Greek yogurt, drizzle of Maple syrup and some fresh berries, if desired. The pancakes are great when served plain as well!
Tips & Notes:
This post was originally published on April 17th, 2013.