Double chocolate almond cookies for breakfast? Yes, you can! Super quick and easy, these gluten-free, processed sugar-free, dairy-free, eggless cookies are irresistibly chewy and delicious!!
Cookies for breakfast anyone? And chocolate ones to boot?
Oh yes, you can!!
These cookies don’t have anything guilty, except for a little bit (1 cup isn’t much, right?) of chocolate chips!
Basically, these are my popular almond cookies
on steroids loaded with chocolate.
These gluten-free, dairy-free and eggless cookies were practically a happy accident. No, I’m not becoming gluten-free! Or falling for food trends…
All I wanted was something healthy and that won’t make me feel guilty eating 5 cookies in a row. Because, you know, I have no self control around cookies! Can you relate?
Naturally, I decided to create perfectly chocolate-y version of my favorite cookies. Lucky for me, it was just a matter of adding a little bit of cocoa powder along with plenty of milk chocolate chips.
Oh, you’re so gonna love these chocolate cookies! Let me describe it for you. Each bite is satisfyingly dense and chewy, undeniably chocolate-y, and not overly sweet. Plus, you won’t feel guilty for reaching for your 3rd cookie!
And did I mention how easy it is to make these?
You’ll only need one bowl and a cup to mix the batter. And it takes literally less than 10 minutes to whip up a batch, and another 10 minutes to bake them goodies! No chilling, no waiting, very few dirty dishes. All the points for winning cookie recipe, right?
As a proof, here’s a short video to show you just how quick and easy these almond cookies are. By the way, how do you feel about these videos instead of step by step photos? Let me know in the comments.
How easy is that? 😉
Hope you’ll give these cookies a try soon. And let me know if you do! As always, thank you for reading.
Double Chocolate Almond Cookies
- 2 cups 200gr almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons 120ml raw honey
- 4-6 teaspoons coconut oil start with 4 teaspoons and add more, if needed, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 150gr milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to the almond flour mixture and mix well. The mixture should be thick, but not crumbly. If the mixture is too crumbly, add a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. (Too dry mixture means too much almond flour was used, so to fix it add more coconut flour and honey until the batter is wet enough to shape into a cookie.)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place 8-10 cookies per baking sheet. If not using non-stick pan, line the baking sheet with a parchment paper. Flatten the cookie dough balls, and place couple chocolate chips on top, if desired, for perfect look.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies look done. The cookies are quite fragile as they come out of the oven, so cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheets first, and then transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in airtight container in the fridge.
You may also like: