Silky smooth, irresistibly rich and creamy, these Strawberry M&M’s® crusted chocolate truffles are unbelievably easy to make.
Ah, I have quite a treat for you today!
Are you ready for some chocolate love? After all the feasting on cookies and pies, I sure want some chocolate. I’m talking silky smooth, creamy and rich dark chocolate truffles crusted with super-flavorful M&M’s® Strawberry candies.
Yes, you read that right. Strawberry flavored M&M’s®!! It’s a new flavor that’s being just released and you can find it in any Walmart stores. When sweet people at M&M’s® reached out to me to recreate my easy chocolate truffles with their new M&M’s® Strawberry, I didn’t even think twice. My god, the strawberry flavor comes through and through with each crunchy bite and adds a great additional flavor to my creamy truffles.
With each bite, you’ll get creamy smooth chocolate goodness with slightly crunchy candy crust! Oh-so-good!!
The best part is that it takes practically zero effort to make these babies. Warm up some heavy (whipping) cream and pour it over the chocolate. Gently stir the mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and it turns into lusciously smooth ganache.
Then the hard part begins: the waiting game. You need to practice some patience and let it set for about 2 hours. And at last, form the thickened ganache into balls before rolling them in crushed candies. I like to use a medium cookie scoop to form uniform balls, then freeze them for about 10 minutes before rolling between your hands to smooth out. This way the truffles aren’t gonna melt between your palms.
To crush the M&M’s®, place the candies in a small ziplock bag and run a rolling pin over it to crush into a fine powder. Not only it creates beautiful colored crust, but it also adds an amazing strawberry flavor to the truffles.
And that’s how you make Strawberry Chocolate Truffles, my friend! Isn’t that the easiest or what?
My gosh, do you see that creaminess there?? ???? Pure ❤️!!
And before I let you go, I’d like to wish you a Happy New Year! I’m taking a week off and I won’t be posting a new recipe until January 4th, 2016. As you may already know, my baby boy will be joining us any day now and this mama needs some time to prepare for his arrival. I’ll see you here in 1 week. ?
Have a safe and fun holiday!
Strawberry Chocolate Truffles
- ¾ cup 180ml heavy cream (heavy whipping cream will work too)
- 9.5 oz 270gr semi-sweet chocolate
- 2.5 oz 70gr M&M’s® Strawberry
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium heat just until boiling point. Pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit undisturbed for two minutes, and then slowly mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish (I used 8x8in (20x20cm) baking pan) and chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge, or until set.
- Place the M&M’s® in a small ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin until desired fineness. I like it pretty fine with some colorful specks.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, form the chocolate mixture into 1.5-inch (about 3.5cm) balls. (Tip: At this point, I like to freeze the truffles for about 10 minutes before rolling between your hands to smooth out. This way the truffles aren’t gonna melt between your palms.) And then roll truffles in crushed M&M’s®.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days. Bring it to room temperature before serving.