This post was originally published on May 23, 2014.
Sparkling, refreshing, bursting with flavor, this blueberry lemonade will be your favorite thirst-quencher all summer long!
What’s your favorite summer drink? For me, it’s lemonade! Hands down…
The other day, I made delicious blueberry syrup with the abundance of fresh blueberries I had on hand. Yeah, sure I could’ve made my favorite blueberry cheesecake muffins, but I didn’t feel like turning on the oven. Another time, another day.
Blueberry syrup wasn’t a bad idea though, because I added it to my lemonade along with some club soda. Oh my, was it good! A little tart, perfectly sweet and slightly sparkling! Perfection!!
Though I had made a huge batch, it didn’t even last full 2 days. Keep in mind only 3 people got to try it the first time around! Now, it’s one of our favorite summer drinks!
Of course, everyone’s taste buds are different, some like their lemonade on sweeter side, some like tarter. Whatever floats your boat, adjust it to your specific liking.
Hope you’re having a fantastic summer. Cheers!
Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup 200gr sugar
- 1 cup 240ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups 720ml club soda
- To make blueberry syrup, in a small saucepan, combine blueberries, honey and ¼ cup of water and bring it to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and mash the berries. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Run the mixture through fine sieve to remove pulp. Set aside to let cool. This yields about 2/3 cup of blueberry syrup.
- To make simple syrup, in a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. This yields about 1 ½ cups of simple syrup.
- To make the lemonade, in a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, blueberry syrup and simple syrup.
- Right before serving, add club soda. Serve over ice.