Ton of flavors and texture in this easy-to-make salmon cheese ball. Learn how I easily shape this into a ball and roll it in the almonds. (I know, it can be tricky!)
So, I have an embarrassing story to tell you.
Couple weekends ago, our friends invited us over to watch the first game of the season. They’ve created a Facebook event and all. And Garrat and I cleared out our schedule for Sunday and were excited to hang out with our friends. I planned to make a few things the day before to photoshoot for the blog and bring them to the party.
Well, on Saturday morning, my friend texted me and asked what time we were coming. By that time, my husband was gone to the ranch to work and I had a full day of baking and cooking ahead of me. Confused, I went back to the Facebook event to take a look and realized that the party was actually on Saturday, not Sunday! Yeah, it was a bummer, but I’m sure we’ll have plenty of game day hangouts ahead!
One of the things, I was planning to bring to the party, was this salmon cheese ball. Simple, tasty and plentiful! It easily feeds a crowd.
So many good flavors are going into this cheese ball.
- Salmon pairs nicely with capers and dill.
- Lemon juice to brighten up the flavors.
- Horseradish and hot sauce add a bit of bite, but not too much.
- Liquid smoke takes things to the next level.
- Slivered almonds for more texture.
To make this salmon cheese ball, simply throw in all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix, mix, mix. Then line a bowl with a plastic wrap, put the salmon cheese mixture in it, wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. That’s my secret to create perfect ball, so you can easily roll it in slivered almonds for a beautiful presentation.
Another quick tip: squeeze as much liquid as you can from the canned salmon. You don’t want that excess liquid in your cheese ball. Eek…
Serve with variety of crackers and vegetables and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed my today’s recipe. Thanks for stopping by.
Salmon Cheese Ball
- 1 15oz/425gr can pink salmon
- 8 oz 225gr cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons capers chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Slivered almonds
- Assorted crackers and vegetables for serving
- Drain the salmon (squeeze out as much liquid as you can).
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, mix together all the ingredients, except slivered almonds. (Alternatively, you can mix everything by hand.) Thoroughly mix the mixture until smooth. Line a medium bowl with a plastic wrap, add the salmon mixture and wrap tightly, forming the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Spread the slivered almonds on a work surface. Unwrap the salmon cheese ball over the almonds and cover with nuts all over. Place on serving platter and refrigerate till ready to serve. Serve with variety of crackers and vegetables.