Packed with lots of texture and flavor, these mini salmon burgers are perfect for picnics, backyard gatherings and summer parties. Such an easy crowd-pleaser!
It’s no secret, I’m a huge salmon fan. But I have to admit, for the longest time, my only cooking method for salmon was baking it. Then, this happened. Another super easy, super flavorful way to incorporate salmon into my weekly menu. Yay!
From those salmon meatballs, I slowly migrated into making salmon burgers. Equally effortless, just as flavorful (if not more), and light and healthy! And what’s better way to serve these burgers than in a cute slider form, right?
Fresh avocado spread, juicy tomato slices, toasted buns, and salmon burger, infused with Asian flavors, all make these sliders outrageously delicious! So much flavor, so much texture, and so many cute little sliders to serve.
The salmon burgers have mild red onion, aromatic herbs, like cilantro and dill. And garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil also add ton of flavor, while Panko helps to keep the burgers nice and moist.
Once the burgers are cooked, they freeze quite nicely too. Great way to prep for your weekday dinner, or make ahead for a large party.
Oh, and I absolutely adore the avocado topping. A few avocados smashed with sour cream and squirt of Sriracha for a little bite. Lemon juice brightens up the flavors, and helps the spread stay bright green longer.
And toasting the slider buns create deliciously crispy texture. Don’t even think about skipping that step.
Did I say these sliders are perfect for summer picnics and backyard gatherings? I made these for our recent fishing trip and it was a huge hit.
Next time, I’m grilling these babies. I think it’d be fantastic too!
Hope you enjoy! Thank you for reading.
Salmon Burger Sliders
For Salmon Burgers:
- ½ small red onion about 45gr, roughly cut
- ½ cup tightly packed cilantro
- 24 oz 700gr salmon fillet, skinless
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 20gr Panko
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon fresh dill or dill paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For Avocado Spread:
- 3 avocados
- 1/3 cup 85gr sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sriracha to taste
- 14 slider buns
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 to matoes thinly sliced
- In the food processor, pulse the onion and cilantro until finely chopped. Add salmon, egg, Panko, dill, sesame oil and soy sauce. Process until smooth and well combined.
- Form the mixture into 14 patties (about ¼ cup of mixture for each patty).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the patties until fully cooked, about 4 minutes on each side. At this point, cooked salmon burgers can be frozen. (See notes below.)
- Cut each slider buns horizontally and spread the butter on each half. After the salmon burgers are cooked, place the buns buttered side down and toast until nice and golden, 1-2 minutes.
- Cube the avocado into small cubes. Add sour cream, lemon juice and Sriracha. Using a fork, mix everything, smashing the avocado slightly.
- To assemble the sliders, place the salmon burger on the bottom toasted bun, put a slice of tomato and top with creamy avocado mixture. Then place the top of the bun and serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on May 18th, 2015.