Loaded with fresh ingredients and flavorful asian dressing, this deliciously refreshing cucumber mango salad is perfect side for grilled meats and roasted salmon.
Mango is no longer just an after-dinner treat, or an ingredient for smoothies. This juicy sweet tropical fruit can now be part of your dinner too!
This simple salad takes very little time to prepare and makes perfect addition to any BBQ dish.
How to cut mango into cubes
It’s super easy to cut mango into cubes.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the mango a little off center to avoid the pit in the middle, and then do the same on other side.
- Place each mango half on a cutting board and cut the flesh in grid-like pattern, without cutting through the skin.
- Now you can either run a large spoon along the skin to scoop out the mango cubes. Or carefully invert the mango half and cut of the cubes by running a knife along the skin.
The dressing for this quick salad is inspired by Asian flavors. Soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, cilantro, chili oil… I love these flavors all together!
For those who loathe cilantro, I’m sorry, but this salad is just not the same without it. It was lacking when I first made it without cilantro, so it’s a must!
Chili oil. What is that? Well, chili oil is typically a vegetable oil, infused with chili pepper. It’s a spicy condiment, common in Chinese cuisine. Mine was quite spicy, so just a little bit goes a long way.
Try this quick salad with BBQ meats, or baked salmon. It’s a TREAT!
Cucumber Mango Salad
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 mango
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut cucumber and mango into cubes.
- Place them in a bowl with cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and pour over the cucumber and mango.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
This recipe was originally published in June, 2015.