Tender juicy salmon bites infused with sweet and nutty flavors. A fun n’ quick dinner made easy!
Oh my, my! This was our lunch yesterday. And let me tell ya, it was GOOD!
Melt-in-your mouth tender, buttery layers of salmon infused with honey sesame sauce. Though honey and sesame are prominent flavors of the marinade, it also has garlic and lemon juice for an additional burst of flavors. Fresh, bold, and most importantly, complementing flavors for sure.
And because each piece is cut into small chunks, the salmon cooks in minutes. Don’t cook for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, you’ll be biting into dry, chalky meat that’s nothing but yuck.
Hope you’ll give this salmon marinade a chance, because it’s totally worth it. And thanks for stopping by!
And here’s a quick video to walk you through the process…
Honey Sesame Salmon Kebabs
- 2 lbs skinless salmon filet
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Black and white sesame seeds optional
- 10 wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the salmon into 1-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Put the cubed salmon in a large ziploc bag and add the marinade. Close the bag, squeezing the air out.
- Gently toss everything so that each salmon piece is coated in the sauce. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Thread salmon pieces onto prepared skewers and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until opaque and cooked through.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, if you have some. Serve immediately on bed of steamed rice, or quinoa, and/or steamed vegetables.