I believe baking is all about creating memories and sharing the joy!
Growing up, my mom used to bake a lot. Sometimes with us, kids. Sometimes with her friends. And sometimes alone.
- I remember that one time when we made homemade marshmallows by hand (!) passing the bowl to each other. It was hilarious and so fun! OMG, have you tried whipping meringue by hand?!
- I remember my mom baking cake after cake for her friends for their NYE table. Napoleon cake to be exact. No, not for sale! She truly loves baking and she was the go-to person for cakes among her friends back in the days.
- I also remember having a bowl of yeast dough rising by the warm radiator every night. I love her homemade bread!
Yes, these memories are truly precious! And I’m grateful for my mom’s love of baking that allowed us to have these beautiful moments.
That’s why I’m SO excited to start a new tradition around here “Bake to Share”.
What is it?
I want to encourage you to bake for the people around us. Beyond just family.
Bring freshly baked goods to friends, neighbors and coworkers to let them know that you think of them, how much you appreciate them and simply to share the joy of baking!
What to expect:
- On the 1st Friday of every month, I’ll be sharing an easy-to-make recipe for you to make and share with your loved ones.
- Each recipe will have a video tutorial to walk you through the entire process.
- I’d love for you to bake along and share the joy! And if you do, please share your thoughts and feedback. I especially love seeing your creations and I’d so appreciate it if you email me your photos, or share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @shineshka.
Will you join me to bake and share the joy?