Throwing Spring brunch for a special occasion? Well, I have a great idea for you! Effortless, yet chic this colorful make-your-own-parfait bar is easy to put together and is sure to impress.
Bridal showers, spring baby showers and birthdays, there’s always an excuse to throw a chic brunch on a weekend! Am I right?
If you’re hosting a special brunch for a loved one, but don’t have time or energy to prepare elaborate menu, may I suggest this beautiful yogurt parfait bar?
All you need is a variety of yogurt, colorful fresh fruits, couple different versions of granola mix (with or without nuts, for example), honey, or maple syrup, and cute jars. Small mason jars would be perfect!!!
How to Choose Ingredients for Perfect Parfait Bar:
- Yogurt: Try to get one flavored and one plain greek style yogurt. Some people may prefer unsweetened yogurt, and others may want flavored one. In my opinion, honey vanilla yogurt is ideal as it’s sweet, but doesn’t have strong flavor that could overpower fresh fruits. But then again, berry flavored yogurt is pretty darn good too!
- Fresh fruit: Get as many colors as you can. Reds: strawberries, raspberries, plum, cherries, etc. Dark: blueberries and blackberries. Greens: kiwi, honeydew melon, green apple, pear and grape. Yellow and orange: tangerines, mango, pineapple, apple. TIP: Slice the fruits right before serving. If you’re short on time, get fruits and berries that require least amount of effort.
- Granola: There’re so many varieties of granola on the market right now. So many flavor variations! It’ll be so thoughtful to include some gluten-free, or nut-free varieties in case you have guests with allergy.
And there you have it! Simple, delicious and oh-so-chic!
Brunch Yogurt Parfait Bar
- Variety of fresh fruits
- 1 tub flavored yogurt
- 1 tub plain greek yogurt
- Granola mix consider to include gluten-free, nut-free varieties
- Small mason jars or Oui yogurt jars
- Wash and prep fruits. If needed, peel and slice bigger fruits into small pieces. This is best if done right before serving.
- Arrange the fruits on a big platter.
- Put yogurt and granola mixes in large bowls.