Spicy apricot salmon with roasted asparagus and mushrooms – light and nutritious dinner bursting with flavor! All it takes is one sheet pan, five ingredients, and less than 30 minutes! Quick n’ simple doesn’t have to be bland.
Since having Grant I have a special appreciation for fast and furious dinners. Not that he’s a fussy baby or anything, in fact he’s so calm and independent, but this parenting thing comes with lots of little chores (duh!). You wake up in the morning, have a breakfast at around lunch time, and somehow it’s 4pm already. Ok, it’s not like that every day, but often enough!
On those days, I either bake a pizza (spoiler alert: frozen pizza from a store!), or if I’m lucky and fridge is well stocked, I make these one sheet pan meals. (If you follow me on snapchat, you’ve seen these meals quite a few times.)
This particular combination has been my favorite of all. I used my spicy jalapeño apricot jam to glaze salmon filets, adding burst of sweetness and spiciness at the same time. It’s a delicious combination, I’m telling ya. If you don’t have spicy apricot jam, you could mix your favorite hot sauce with apricot jam. You’ll get the same result.
For vegetable sides, I chose asparagus and mushrooms as they don’t require long cooking time. Also, they’re so light and fresh, perfect for spring and summer. You can, of course, sub your favorite vegetables too.
I just love when the dinner is so quick and easy, I manage to snap a few photos to share it with you. And it doesn’t even make bunch of dishes!! And for even easier cleaning, I suggest lining your sheet pan with an aluminum foil.
Truth to be told, this recipe is hardly a recipe. Take it as an inspiration and customize it to your own liking. Don’t like mushrooms, use yellow summer squash, for example. Switch it up and make it your own. Just make sure everything cooks at the same time.
Add this to your menu for busy weeknights. And please share YOUR favorite go-to quick n’ easy weeknight dinners in the comments below. Thank you!
One Sheet Spicy Apricot Baked Salmon
- 16 spears of asparagus
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 skinless salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons spicy apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with a aluminum foil.
- Trim asparagus about 2 inches from the bottom. Slice mushrooms.
- Drizzle olive oil on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle half of the salt and black pepper.
- Place salmon filets in the middle of the pan and arrange the vegetables around the fish.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper all over the fish and vegetables.
- Spread apricot jam on both filets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Depending on the thickness of the fish, it’ll take more or less. I prefer to cook the fillets until internal temp reaches around 135°F.