~ Make this delicious chocolate soufflé cheesecake with just 3 pantry staples. Perfect treat for your special Valentine.~
Greetings from London! 🙂 We are having a fantastic time here, lots of walking, sightseeing, great food and shopping. Follow me on Instagram, if you’re not already, to come along my trip. On Wednesday, we’re heading to Paris. It’s going to be epic.
Oh yeah, you’re here for this cake! Here you go…
After I made this 3-ingredient soufflé cheesecake, I wanted to make chocolate version of it. Just as I expected it turned out amazing! So fluffy and chocolate-y!
This cake is like cross between soufflé and cheesecake. Heaven, that’s what this is! Really! It seems like I describe my food as heaven a lot, as if I had been to heaven. Anyway, just roll with it, ok? It simply means it’s really, really good.
The best part is you only need 3 ingredients. Not some rare hard-to-get ingredients, but simple 3 ingredients that you probably have in your fridge and pantry. Eggs. Check. Cream cheese. Check. Milk chocolate. Check. Well, at least, I keep stash of variety of chocolates in my pantry. And I’m sure you do too.
I’ve tested this recipe with different types of chocolates. Semi-sweet chocolate yielded not-sweet-enough and kind of too rich cheesecake. Milk chocolate is our best bet. Sweet creamy milk chocolate provided much needed sweetness. And please use high quality products here. Since we only have 3 ingredients, the quality of each ingredient directly affects the final result.
My least favorite part is cutting out the parchment paper. That’s about the hardest step, and the rest is just simply melting, mixing and baking slow and low.
Hope you’ll enjoy this chocolate souffle cheesecake on Valentine’s Day. Cheers!
Chocolate Souffle Cheesecake
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 7 oz 200gr high-quality milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 8 oz 225gr cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). You will need at least 2.5in (6cm) deep 8in (20sm) springform pan. Cut 3.5-inch (9cm)-wide long strip and 8-inch (20cm) round circle of parchment paper. Line the sides and the bottom of the springform pan with the prepare parchment paper. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate pieces in a medium heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over simmering water and slowly melt the chocolate. Add the cream cheese and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the egg yolks.
- In a large mixing bowl with whisk attachment, or using handheld electric mixer, beat the egg whites until hard peaks form. Add 1/3 of egg whites and stir into the chocolate mixture, until combined. Then gently fold in the remaining egg whites until the mixture is well-combined, no white streaks are visible.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and tap on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Place a baking sheet on the lower rack of the oven and pour about 2 cups of boiling water. Put the cake pan on the middle rack above the rack with water bath. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and cool the cake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove the sides of the springform pan and gently peel off the parchment paper from the sides. Cool completely on the counter, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, when the cake is chilled and set, gently remove the parchment paper on the bottom and place the cake on the platter. Dust some powdered sugar, if desired.